12

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲; 𝐎𝐜𝐭. 𝟖
~~~

"So, you don't participate in spirit week this year, you didn't do it last year or the years before that. What's up with that, Jahseh?" Dexter asked looking at himself in his handheld mirror.

It was Throwback Thursday and some kids at the school were dressed up from different decades. Some in the 90s, 80s, 70s and even back to the 60s and 50s. Everyone had put their own style in their outfits. However, Jahseh wasn't feeling the whole dressing up part.

He never participated in spirit week since he started high school and never was going to. He found it pointless and didn't have school spirit cause he hated this school. Homecoming, dances, anything having to do with school, he didn't care for at all.

"Huh, Jahseh?" Dexter asked, nudging his shoulder. He shut his mirror then look over at his friend.

"It's just not my thing." Jahseh answered, shrugging his shoulders.

"It's just not my thing." Dexter mocked him, Jahseh glared at him before going back on his phone.

"That's wack as hell, Jahseh. It's a way for us to express ourselves-"

"By dressing up for different days out of the week. Sounds pretty lame, but that's just me." Jahseh cut him off, Dexter rolling his eyes.

"So, what are you going to do in college? I'm sure college spirit week or whatever is going to be bomb. Homecoming will be lit." Dexter exclaimed.

"Who said I was even going to be here to experience college?" Jahseh remarked, Dexter raising his brow.

"What is that suppose to mean?"

Jahseh shook his head, "Nothing." He mumbled going back on his phone.

Dexter frown at his friend comment, staring at him. It was always hard for him to figure out whether Jahseh was being himself or was depressed. And he felt bad since they were friends, so he figured he should be able to help. But, at times it was really hard. Jahseh was extremely difficult to read and he doesn't express himself at all.

"Jahseh, are you okay?" Dexter asked, placing his hand on his shoulder. He would hate for something to end up happening to his best friend.

Before Jahseh could answer, Blu walked over happily. "Hello!" She eagerly greeted them.

Jahseh look up from his phone, placing his attention on her. He seen she was dressed up as Dionne from Clueless, still no glasses but she had contacts in.

"Hey, puddin." Dexter waved at her and she smile. "Are you ready for the dance?"

"Absolutely, I got my dress. We're going to have so much fun." Blu answered with excitement in her voice.

It was her first homecoming since her previous school didn't have one. All of her experiences this school year was new to her and she was going to take advantage of everything.

"Of course, we would have even more fun if Jahseh was coming." Dexter remarked, rolling his neck. Jahseh wasn't paying them any mind, Blu and Dexter noticing.