Chapter 8

Ashley

I went to my room to lay down after my spa day with Brittany. Bringing up sister kind of set me back I remember how close Jordin and I was until I lost my first child. Apart of me blames her for it. I told her my stomach was cramping that morning and asked her to take me to the hospital, but she had to work and said that's normal when your pregnant. It wasnt until I saw blood on my sheets and the cramps got worse she believed something was wrong. I just wished she took me to the hospital before when I first started having cramps maybe my Julia would still be alive.

I remember holding her she was so still and cold in my arms her face still had little pink cheeks and she smelled like a newborn baby. Her hair was curly like Jordin was when she was born. Knowing that I'm all alone in this world and I killed the only person that really gave a damn about me I do regret it. But it had to be done I couldn't have her snitching on me to the cops or Kerri and that piece of shit of a baby father she has.

I'm pretty sure it was Daquan who Brittany was talking to on the phone. The one she's supposedly go with if I'm correct Daquan wife is Brittany sister maybe that's why Brittany hates her sister so much because she can't stand being the side chick.

I looked out my window and notice Brittany trying to hail a cab where is she going I wondered. I grabbed my car keys and jetted to the lobby Brittany was just getting into a cab as I ran to my car. I tailed them to one of the outlets that was close by. She just going shopping I thought to myself realizing the chase was for nothing. I was about to pull off a black Lamborghini pulled up across the street.

The driver rolled down his window and his eyes followed her every move. I felt a tug knowing something was off. I watched Brittany walked happily into a Christian Dior store so oblivious to the world around her. I decided to wait and see how this play out.

A man stepped out the passenger side of the Lamborghini wearing all black and a LA black fitted. He walked calmly to the store Brittany was in and stood next to the entrance. I'm so glad I had my windows tented so he couldn't see me watching his ever move, studying him waiting to see what was going to happen next.

I don't know who these men are nor what they want with Brittany, but I need her she's my key to getting to Sierra. I need Sierra just as if I needed to breathe she was so pretty with her pink cheeks and head full of curly hair just like Julia. I could live a million years and never find the closest resemblance like this again.

About an half hour later Brittany walked out the store the driver in the Lamborghini pulled his window down and nodded to his man posted outside the store. Brittany looked right at him as recognition spread across her face she opened her mouth to scream just as the man grabbed her arm And put a gun to her right side he whispered something in her ear that silenced her as tears tricked down her face. The man walked her across the street looking around and put her in the backseat of the car and got in beside her.

The driver tires screeches as he pulled off. I made an illegal UTurn and followed them making sure I was more than four cars behind in the second lane. I trailed them for an hr to Glendale. Finally they pulled up to a secluded area and got out. I stayed back about three blocks and watched from a distance. They dragged Brittany from the car now with her hands tied together and her mouth was gaged. She tried to pull away, but failed.

I got out my car and grabbed my sig saucer pro out from under my chair. I crept up to where they were trying not to make a sound. I hid behind a bush lining up my gun with the man that grabbed Brittany. One shot to the head and he was gone. The other guy looked at him stun not realizing what just happened. Before he could get one shot off to the direction my bullet came from i silenced him in the chest making him stumble back and fall. I made sure to pick up my shells so I wouldn't leave any fingerprints.

Brittany stood there shaking from head to toe. Her eyes widen when she saw me emerge from the trees making her cry harder. I untied the gag around her mouth and untied her hands. "Are you going to kill me" she whispered. I looked at her scared out of her wits she looked so vulnerable. I wanted to bask in her weakness, but apart of me felt sorry for her. She could of been killed tonight and I saved her.

"If I wanted to kill you, your ass would be laying next them." I said looking at the men I just shot "let's go before the cops come" Brittany nodded eagerly as I handed her the stuff she was tied up in. I'm going to wipe the backseat down don't touch anything I said sternly. Brittany nodded and waited for me to wipe the backseat car out. "Let's go" I said heading towards my car

"Wait" she called she ran towards one of the guys and went inside his pockets and pulled out a wad of cash then went to the other guy and did the same then went inside the car and grabbed her bag of clothes she brought I looked at her in disbelief I'm pretty sure this is how her ass ended up in this situation.

"Thank you for not leaving your fingerprints" I said sarcastically I went over to them and quickly wiped them down and the inside of the car again and rolled my eyes "let's go" I repeated.

"So who were they?" I asked once inside the car

"This guy name Dmoney that I met at my club and one of his men"

"What club" I asked.

"Club risqué I use to dance there. Can you turn up the heat" she asked

I turned the heat up for her "so how does a stripper end up in being kidnapped and damn near killed?" I asked mainly for my amusement.

"I drugged robbed Dmoney the last guy you shot a few days ago" she said shamefully.

"How long you been robbing people"

"I don't rob people per say just ballers for a bout a few months which is how I ended up living in the hotel" she paused for s bit "how did you know where I was at and why did you shoot them?"

Now it was my turn to make up an excuse, but nothing good came to mind " I um was following you" I said honestly.

She looked at me weirdly causing me to put my hand up in the stop position "not like that I saw you leaving and boredom caught up to me so I decided to see what you were up to" she looked at me like she didn't believe me "and the gun?" She inquired.

"Protection from my ex boyfriend its registered so don't worry" I lied. She nodded and took out her phone

"Who are you about to text or call" I asked her making her raise her eyebrows.

"Daquan I'm sure he's probably worried about my safety and needs to know what happen. And I'm sure he'll be grateful that you saved me." She said smiling.

I snatch the phone out her hands "don't call him he doesn't need to know any of this I just murder two people and your ready to blab to the works" I yelled at her feeling my blood boil.

Her eyes widen as she stared at me "I'm sorry I wasn't thinking" she whispered. I handed her her phone back "none of this happened and don't tell anyone about me. My ex boyfriend has connections and he's probably searching everywhere for me" i added. Her eyes soften and I could tell she understood "ok" she nodded.