Chapter 31

Robin, Kaldur, and Artimis stand before Wally and Connor who are still encased. M'gann leaning heavily on the Atlantean. The still disabled Reds are now on the same level as them, while Artimis holds some type of cutter that has no power.

"Figured my only shot to surrender was to pretend to drown before I actually did." Robin says confidently. "Blacked out though." He shrugs.

"M'gann." Connor asks worriedly, taking her hand into his.

"I'll be fine." She assures, though her voice isn't as strong as it normally is.

"Will you quit playing with that thing and cut free already?" Wally demands of Artimis.

She gives him a deadpanned look. "It's not working genius. EMP shuts down all machines remember?"

"All machines present at the time." Red Tornado's voice speaks up as he makes his way across the room, landing besides Wally and Connor. Only when the Tornado stops whirring does he he continue. "What has occurred?"

"Had a little busy from your family." Robin looks at the Reds, putting his hand on his hip.

"Your nasty family." Artimis is quick to gripe.

"I was not aware I had relations." Tornado remarks.

"Where have you been?" Connor demands.

"Monitor duty on the watchtower." Tornado remarks, making his over to the other robots. "When it became clear that cave communications were done, I attempted to investigate, but your zeta-tubes were also nonfunctional." He kneels down besides the two. "I transported to Providence and proceeded here."

Sphere starts to whir, catching his attention. Managing himself free.

"Hey boy." Connor greets and gets beep in return.

The machine-a laser-turns on in Artimis hands.

"The pulse has worn off." Kid and Robin say in unison.

Red Tornado reaches out to Red Inferno, and a zap connects their fingers as her eyes light back up.

Red Tornado's eyes glow in return. Before turning towards the team and using a tornado to raise him up, and two aimed at them.

Artimis drops the laser cutter, clutching her neck.

Kaldur drops M'gann in surprise as he holds his neck as well.

Robin stumbles, as he loses his breath.

Connor and Wally can't fight back and slump in their holds.

Finally, Artimis falls to her knees. "Can't.....breathe." Watching as Robin falls over before her own world tilts and goes black.
••••••••••••••••••••

"Artimis. Artimis, can you hear me?" She groans as she opens her eyes to find Superman above her. He looks to the side, towards the source of the buzzing. "She's alright." She grunts as he helps her stand up.

Before her are Green Arrow, looking to her, Batman, and Ben who is talking to Robin. Flash who is using the same tool to cut Kid out, Atom who is melting Connor out. Manhunter who is kneeling beside M'gann. Black Canary who is watching over them and lastly Aquaman who is talking to Aqualad.

"Where we're you guys?" Robin asks Ben.

"In the Watchtower. When we found out we lost communications with the cave we tried to hack back in but then we realized Red wasn't on duty so most of us were trying to find him." Ben explained to him.

"What happened here?" Superman demanded.

"What happened?!" Artimis demands back. "The Reds happened. Tornado and his..." she stops trying to figure out a way to describe them when she realizes somethings missing. "Wait, where are they?"