Chapter 32

The camouflaged BioShip flies over the darkened landscape. Before it even lands the bottom opens letting Robin and Artimis belay out as a unit. Landing almost silently, before releasing the handles and pulling a pair of disks, and nocking an arrow before they head out to secure the perimeter.

The BioShip lands behind them and the door opens. Letting Captain Marvel, Aquala, Ben, and Kid out.

Robin and Artimis come back as Superboy lands behind Aqualad and Miss Martian close behind him.

"All clear." Robin informs.

Aqualad's gear switches with a tap. "Switch to stealth." M'gann is the only one that does as he turns to face them. "And we'll review mission parameters."

"Parameters?" Kid asks, tapping his suit to change color. "We don't need no stinkin' parameters."

Robin is quick to agree. "It's recon, we know what to do." With that the two of them turn and head into the jungle.

"Kid, Robin." Kaldur tries.

Robin turns back instantly. "The three of us started this team because the Justice League keeping secrets from us." Robin points out harshly.

"Or did you forget that like you forgot to tell us about the mole." Kid asks both sarcastic and rhetorical as he puts his goggles on.

The two take off and Captain Marvel looks both disappointed and angry at Kaldur's lack of a response to it. Not that the Atlantean could see it with his back to the hero.

   Conner grabs M'gann's arm. "Come on. I'll keep you safe."

"You're my boyfriend, Conner. Not my keeper. Stop hanging on me like a character from a 70's sitcom." M'gann tells him telepathically, clearly annoyed as she crosses her arms.

     I just.... wanted to protect you Connor says clearly confused as to what he's doing wrong.

"Like Aqualad protected us?" Artemis steps up beside the only other girl on the Team. "I'm not sure if your protection or patronizing is good for our health." accenting her point by poking him the chest with her bow. Eliciting a very dark look from Conner that has M'gann looking at him with more annoyance than before.

The two girls walk off without any word from Kaldur.

"Why didn't you stop them? You're supposed to be in charge." Conner points out angrily. Again, Captain Marvel is looking at him with a scathing look behind his back.

"I am..." he tries, his voice calm and easy, but trails off as Conner holds out a hand. Turning away and preparing to jump.

"Um, did I miss the part where you actually said what the plan was?" Captain Marvel asks.

"We didn't even get to talk about a plan." Ben responded.

    M'gann flies just above Artemis' head as the two make their way through the jungle under the full moon. Moving alongside a large river, a waterfall to their back.

    What they don't notice is the large shape moving in the water.

    Kid and Robin make their way through a thicker part of the jungle. The towering canopy hiding the large shadows flying in the moonlight above them.

   Conner crashes through the forest with the strength to snap fallen trees under his feet and speed that nothing should be able to follow him. Except for the flash of shadow and red that does.

Aqualad walks through the easiest path, pausing as the Captain lands beside him. Across the jungle floor are a multitude of footprints and bullet casings.