33

You're it, you're my person.

Brad McCarthy

"Ava!"

"One minute," she yells. I look at the clock on the wall and sigh. "We will be late if you don't hurry up."

"I know—I know. . ." She says, stumbling into the living room.

Placing a kiss on my lips, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, let's go." I hold her hand and start walking towards the door with our luggage. We have rented a car in this new city. For our honeymoon, we decided to come to Canada. I open the door for Ava. I go over to my side to see her opening my door from inside.

"I love you." She smiles widely.

"I love you too." I close the door and put on the seatbelt. The weather was good. The roads weren't bustling with people. Ava connected her phone and played a Spanish song. She has been listening to the song on a loop.

"I can't control my excitement," Ava says, bobbing her head.

"Don't control."

"Haha." She starts singing the lyrics and does her cute dance. I place my hand on her thigh and drive. "Did we reach?"

"No, we will in six minutes," I say, looking at the map. I slow down the car and look for the parking sign.

"Did you call him?" Ava asks.

"Yeah, he is waiting at the front desk," I tell her, pulling the luggage out. We walked to the front desk. The place was occupied, and tourists were waiting with their luggage.

"How may I help you, sir and ma'am?" The front desk lady asks.

"I'm looking for Mr Dasani; I have a booking done, and he is our guide."

"Just a moment, sir, I will call Mr Dasani." Ava and I stand there as the lady calls Mr Dasani. "There are many people," Ava said.

"Yeah."

"Mr and Mrs McCarthy." I turn my head and see a tall man wearing casual clothes. He smiles genuinely as he walks towards us.

"Hello," Ava greets the man.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. McCarthy. I'm Rahul Dasani. I will be your guide for the day. Later at the end of the evening, I will take you to your respective cabin."

"Hello, Mr Dasani." We talked about the activities before following him to do our first activity.

We put on our jackets and gloves, "I'm nervous and excited."

"This is my first time," I say, looking at the snow and other standing people.

"Same—We won't fall, right?" She asked.

"We won't, Rahul will be there."

We are here to do dog sledging for the first time. I'm not even sure why I agreed with Ava when she said she wanted to do dog sledging after watching videos on YouTube.

"It will take another fifteen minutes. They are taking the dogs out and getting them ready," Rahul said. We have left the luggage in the luggage room.

"Sure." We looked around to see the dogs and the guides who were helping the dogs. I don't know if I'm sure about it. I took my time observing other people who were doing it. 

"Ava. . ." 

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure about it? I don't think I'm ready to do this." Ava looked at me. "Look at those dogs; the guides may say they are barking because they are excited. But, pulling our weights along with the sledge weight will be tough."