34

This chapter really feels good.

Ava Morris

"I don't think you are allowed to do that," I say looking at Robert.

"But that is the only option left, Ava."

"Ugh, I think you have to use the other formula," I say looking at his notebook.

"We will just check in this site. Mr Carman will not know anyway," Robert replied shrugging his shoulders. He opened the site and I leaned closer to look at the site.

"He wouldn't be knowing right?"

"He wouldn't be knowing, Ava. He is one of the laziest staff. He just checks if we have done the problems or not." I watch him as he uploads the picture of the question online. Immediately the site shows the solution step by step.

"Did you do the homework?" Noah asks Robert walking into the room with Taylor.

"I'm doing it."

"Where is Brad?" I ask Noah.

"He is in the studio taking a class." Noah sits beside me. I suddenly remembered Brad saying about the prom.

"So when is your prom?" 

"In two weeks," Noah answers, brushing his hair back. I never saw the boys talking with other girls or anyone in particular. Brad and I even encouraged them to bring their school friends home but they never brought any friends home.

We were scared that they might have been getting bullied at school. Brad dropped the boys at school for weeks to make sure that they weren't bullied. But honestly, we don't know how they are being treated in school.

By the looks of it, we have concluded that the boys stick together as the other students didn't want to start a friendship with them.

"Did you guys ask someone to be your date?" Noah and Robert laughed shaking their heads.

"What?"

"No, we decided to go alone. We―" Robert shared a glance at Noah. "We decided not to ask anyone."

"But why? Don't you guys know the girls from your classes?" They both smiled. "I'm sure there would be someone you would know from the classes."

"Ugh, I hate to break it for you, Ava. We aren't exactly friendly or open about friendships. We never spoke with any of the girls from our classes."

My brows frown in confusion. "Why you guys aren't open about friendships? Are they keeping boundaries with you all?"

"No, it's just that we didn't have much time to get friendly or know everyone. They just don't step in our space and we don't step in their space. It's like we go to school, attend classes and get back. We joined the school this year which made things a little bit difficult," Noah said.

"And it's a private school. The other kids had known each other for ages. It isn't exactly easy to mingle up, you know. Good thing, they do not bother to disturb us and we got each other," Robert finished.

I hummed. "I have heard of this one group." I watched as Noah's eyes twitched. "What about it?" he asked.

"Are they―" Before I could ask him. Noah shakes his head negatively. 

"They don't even know us. We don't share any classes with them. You don't have to worry about us, Ava. If there's something we would tell you."

"Okay."

"Hey, everyone," Zac greeted walking into the room with Samuel. 

"Hey, Zac."

"You okay?" I ask Samuel. My Gaze immediately falls on his bandaged lip. His lips were swollen and he looked like he was in pain.

"He got injured, we took him to the doctor as he hit his mouth," Zac explained sitting beside Robert while Samuel sat beside Noah.

"How did he hurt himself?" I ask checking Samuel's wound.

"He was at the library. It rained this afternoon and the floor was slippery. He slipped hitting the floor."

"What did the doctor say?"

"To take rest and to take medicine on time, he stitched his upper lip." Samuel groaned when Robert tried touching his lip. "Robert, don't do it."

"Sorry."

"Samuel, be careful the next time. We don't want any of you to get hurt. Now come on, go to your room and rest." 

I brush Samuel's hair back, "Noah, help Samuel."

"Yup." Noah stands up and helps Samuel. "Do you want me to carry you on my back?" Noah asks. Immediately Samuel nods his head.

"Oh yeah, they gave him anaesthesia. He must be feeling sleepy." Noah picked Samuel in his arms instead of piggyback.  Paul entered the room as soon as they left.

"What happened to him?" Paul asked, confused.

"He got hurt," I tell him. One by one the boys walked into the common area with their school bags.

"Where is Tom?" Ashton asked Robert.

"He is in the study, reading a book," Robert replied. The boys have their own library/ study. They all could easily fit in. The study is spacious and we have installed wooden tables and chairs. For the boys to read peacefully. Most of the time the boys end up in the study after school to finish their homework.

"Cool, we will go find him. We need his help in chemistry," Denzel said standing beside Bryan. The trio of Ashton, Denzel and Bryan leave to find Tom.

Tom and Leonardo are geniuses. They help the boys in their studies. Tom shared his dream to become a physics professor. While Leonardo wants to become an air pilot. Noah and Robert are interested in making music. 

Vincent is planning to work with Noah and Robert this summer. We all were excited for them. Vincent even mentioned to us that Noah's vocals are good and he plays the guitar pretty well.

"Are we having a movie night?" Zac asked.

"I'm not sure. You boys aren't showing up at dinner and Brad isn't happy about it." Zac nods his head. "If all of you show up at the table. Brad might agree to the movie night."

"Noted."

*

"Pass the plate to Aaron," I tell Zac. The dining table is filled with everyone. Noah is helping Ella, Robert is helping Taylor and Tom is helping Ivy.

Chris and Eric sat beside Brad while Scan and Colton sat beside me. I smile looking at everyone, this feeling makes me happy.

"Colton, don't mess with the food," Paul says. Colton sticks his tongue out throwing a bean at Paul.

"Colton baby, you shouldn't throw your food at your brother," I say catching his hand. The dinner was fun and a mess. Brad agreed to the movie night.

Brad put on the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I lean against Brad with Colton sitting in my lap. Tom decided to be Samuel in their dormitory.

"Are wizards real? I mean do they live with us in the society?" Paul asked.

"Yup, they don't reveal their identity but they are like humans so they mingle with us. While some of the witches like to reveal their identity and some run witchcraft houses," I tell him.

*

"Take them to their rooms and tuck them underneath their blankets," Brad said to the elder boys. The younger ones fell asleep. Brad took Colton from my lap and picked Ivy as well.

"Gently," I say to Zac who is carrying Taylor.

After making sure that everyone is in their rooms, Brad and I walk towards the main door. The night guards are on their duty.

We have four guards guarding the whole property. No one is allowed inside the main house. The boys have their biometric fingerprints to unlock the doors. Or else they could use the PIN to enter the house. 

As of now, they haven't brought any friends. We hope they will bring in new friends and make memories.