31

JADE'S POV

"Shh... Jade!" someone whispered and lightly shook me. "Bitch, wake up!"

"Avani?" I groaned quietly when I opened my eyes. I stared at her confused, she was standing by the bed. Vinnie's bed. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you, come with me," she muttered and I yawned. "Oh my God, you're not naked, are you?"

"No," I replied as I got out of bed. I followed her out of the room. She was acting suspicious - she was looking around, making sure no one hears us. "What's wrong? Am I on tiktokroom or something?"

She shook her head. "Even worse, bitch."

"Just spill it already," I scowled. She just rolled her eyes at me and continued walking downstairs. "Avani!"

"Chill, I just wanna make some coffee."

"Is this why you dragged me out of the fucking bed?" I scolded.

"No," she laughed. "I wanna make my morning coffee first. Then we can talk."

I sighed. The whole house was a big mess. Avani didn't look like she cared, though. "You're still drunk."

"Of course I am. Have you seen me last night?" she chuckled as she started making her famous coffee. "You want one too?"

"No thanks," I mumbled and watched her do her thing. She looked fresh, somehow. I really wish I had her will to live.

She suddenly looked at me and started laughing. "We danced on the fucking table!"

"Yeah, I remember. That's kinda embarrassing," I replied.

"No, it was fun! I passed out few minutes after that though," she grinned at me. Her coffee was finally done, so she took a big sip and looked at me. "So you and Troy?"

"Me and Troy what?" I tried to play dumb. She was right, it is worse than tiktokroom.

"Oh come on!" she chuckled. "He told you he likes you."

"Well- how the hell you know that?"

Avani shrugged her shoulders. "Riley told me. She heard you two talking."

Fuck. "What did she say? Is she mad at me?"

"Nah, she's just... she's like mad at Troy or something. I don't really understand their situation," she sneered. "But what's gonna happen now? Do you like him?"

"No, I'm just gonna stay with Vinnie," I responded. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"So you like Vinnie."

"No, I-"

"Girl, shut the fuck up, are you even listening to yourself?" she cut me off. "Of course you like Vinnie. I saw that pretty face of yours when he was talking to Michelle."

"Yeah because it... surprised me," I said.

"Oh surprised my ass. You fucking like him, just admit it."

"Well yeah, I do like him. I wouldn't be sleeping with him if I didn't... it's just complicated."

"No, it's not complicated, you make it complicated. Just start dating, it's easy," she explained.

"I don't wanna date him, Avani," I reminded her. "I care about him, yeah, but I just don't want a relationship. I'm not ready to trust someone this way again."

She sighed. "Jade, baby. You're my best friend and I love you but please think about this. I don't wanna pressure you or anything but Vinnie does like you a lot. And you said that if he catches feelings that you're just gonna ghost him but is this still what you want?"