xi

[ chapter 11 ]

october 2, 2020
6:20 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

The clock was winding down. Ariana should be here in 10 minutes or less, now. I nervously checked my outfit in the mirror for probably the hundredth time tonight. I ruffled with my hair a little bit, something I've also done several times throughout the night.

I wanted to surprise Ariana tonight. She's been slaving herself in the studio for the past week or more, and she deserved a break. I couldn't take her on vacation, so instead I brought it home. Well, tried to.

*flashback*

"NO WALLACE!"

CRASH!

My jaw dropped as the wine cup and glass plate fell hard to the ground; shattering into a million pieces. I sighed harshly, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Y/n, I-"

"Just shut up, help me clean this up, and then get another."

*flashback over*

Yeah, shit like that happened a couple times.

However, we did manage to complete the 'surprise date' setup. Wallace, Zachary, and even Dean came over and helped me with everything.

I cooked, Dean and Zachary set up the lights in and outside, Wallace set the tent, the dining table, and then he also did the rose path from the front door to the dining table.

When everything was finished, it was a masterpiece. I also ran into my movie room and decided this is where'd we end the night. I set up a pallet at the front, Zachary, Wallace, and Dean all helped set up lights that I could easily shut off when the movie started.

I also grabbed her a bouquet of flowers, a couple chocolates, and one of her favorites; Smarties.

Anyways, everyone was gone now and I was just finishing dinner. Which is right on time.

When I came downstairs to check on it, I quickly realized it was done. So, I pulled it and began to prep it for being brought to the table. I made her some of her favorite dishes, Sea Vegetable Hijiki, a Vegan Japanese dish. I also made some homemade pad thai for the main course.

For myself, I had a simple salad and some bomb ass pasta. I wasn't about to make a non-vegan meal, in front of a vegan, so I kept things simple. And for dessert, a delicious Vegan version of Peanut Butter cookies, and some surprisingly good vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream.

Yeah, this is probably the most cooking I've done in years but she's completely and utterly worth it.

The ice cream was in the freezer, the cookies still baking in the oven, and the dinner was now completely finished.

Right on time, it was now 6:30 and Ariana was softly knocking at my front door.

I jumped, my heart dropping as the nerves were finally starting to kick in. I let out a shaky breath and then inhaled deeply, blowing out slowly.