FIVE

I Am 99% Angel, But Ohhh
That 1%

--Arsalan Riyaz Durrani.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

“Amma jaan you won't believe what I just saw ?!” panting heavily Asifa begum entered her mother-in-laws room, a serene pleasant smile was plastered upon her face, making it shine brightly.

“What did you saw bhabhi ?! Hume bhi batayein.” watching Asifa Begum's reaction Nazia begum smiled excited to know the news, making Mahira begum roll her eyes over her over enthusiastic daughter-in-laws.

“OUR SHIP IS FINALLY SAILING NAZIA!! Maine Jahangir ko Aria ke saath breakfast karte hue dekha and you know what ? She even hugged him and he didn't said anything!” fanning herself like a schoolgirl Asifa broke out the news, making Nazia gush, both of them getting emotional, seeing their dream getting fulfilled infront of their eyes.“Waah bhabhi! Aapne kya to khabar di hai. Maza hi aa gaya sunke.”

They had been shipping the two from past twenty four years, even before Aria was born, all thanks to Jahangir who gave them the idea....

Finding out his chachi jaan was bringing a baby to the world, little Jahangir used to talk with it daily so that he could be it's one and only best friend, not like his siblings who had other friends. He wanted to be be the only one.... And his wish was granted as well as the over ecstatic baby used to respond him only, that too by kicking her mother hard on a daily basis.... And that's how their mother's got the thought of bringing them together in their future.

Both of them moved forward to share a happy hug when amma jaan’s voice reverberated through the room making them stop at their places, frowning hearing her. “Stop rejoicing you two! Hume nahi lagta jo aap dono soch rahe hai wo sach hai.”

(I don't think what you both of you are thinking is true.)

“But I saw them together amma jaan!”

“It was only because Jahangir was feeling guilty and wanted Aria’s forgiveness.” sighing, Mahira begum revealed as she sat over the sofa, making both of them gasp.

“What did he do to my daughter ?”

“What did she did with my son ?”

Speaking simultaneously both the mothers exclaimed angrily, but the funny part was, neither of them took side of their own child but they blamed them for whatever happened.

Their concerns made Mahira begum smiled and she flicked the issue off, not wanting to go in details but instead showed her concern over the matter of their marriage which was more important.

“It doesn't matter. All we have to concentrate is how to get them married. We are running out of time....” rubbing her temples she groaned, her headache increasing  with the passing days. The time was very crucial for them; for Aria. She knew she would do anything, cross any limit to save her granddaughter and keep her with them.

But then time was running, increasing anxiety of the ladies, who were tensed for the future of their children.

They knew they had to act soon and convince Jahangir to marry Aria. Him marrying her would secure her life and also retain the hope for their future generation to escape the stupid treaty the males of their family signed to save them from doom.

“Yes, you are right amma jaan. Main aaj hi Jahangir se Aria ke baare mein baat karti hu. Allah kare wo razi ho jaye bas warna---” watching the environment turn tense and dull, Asifa Begum sat beside her mother-in-law trying her best to assure her but she herself wasn't able to stop the anxiety buliding onto her, and shivered thinking about her son's rejection.