☾41

"Your autograph?"

"Your autograph?"

Despite the copious amounts of times Yeonhee had dreamt of this exact scenario taking place, nothing could have ever actually prepared her for it because the illusion she created in her mind over the months had now become true.

Without a second beat of her heart, she recognised the voice- his voice.

Immediately, she was inundated with a surge of shock as her heart dropped stomach churned before instinctively her head snapped up, eyes drawing to the boy stood in front of her with the counter separating them.

A breath of air hitched at her throat which began to gently seize up, eyes drew up to stare between his own in disbelief- was this actually happening or was it a dream? A very realistic dream at that.

In the nineteen years of her life, she had never been rendered so speechless, yet that changed in the matter of seconds as she was left unable to think straight or form a coherent string of words.

Yeonhee could never mistake his eyes for anyone else's, they sparkled under the lights despite the rest of his face being covered by a white mask and the grey beanie on his head.

Because the guy she had been talking to for months was no longer behind a screen.
He was here, in front of her as they made eye contact in the warmth of the serene cafe- golden hue of light hung above them and the sweet scent of delicacies drifted over to them.

"Mark," She breathed out finally, taken aback by the whole ordeal that it wouldn't register in her mind properly as her heartbeat thrashed against her ribcage so loud that she wondered if he could hear it. "You're here?"

"Hey." The smooth soft tone of his voice was much clearer than hearing it over the phone- his hand nervously balled up in his pocket so it wasn't noticeable to her- not that she could even process his presence at the given moment anyway.

Yeonhee opened her mouth to speak yet was cut off by the sound of loud voices outside the door, eyes darting over to catch sight of a group of people heading towards the cafe to which she panicked.

"You can go to the staff room- I'll be there soon." She spoke quickly nodding over to the direction of it- hearing the bell of the door chime and the idol turned away from the door- glancing at the girl one last time before making his way toward it without a word in case he was noticed.

Yeonhee turned her focus towards the new customers but her hands began to tremble slightly, a pink hue tainting her cheeks and she couldn't concentrate knowing the fact that Mark was here- he was actually here.

Thankfully, you had to turn the corner in order to find this hallway and Mark passed the customer toilets to walk towards the end where it was clearly labelled STAFF ONLY.

Hesitantly, the boy pushed open the door to the empty room and once it closed behind him, he pressed his back lightly against it as he let out a breath of air he seemed to unknowingly be holding.