Chapter 11

After eating a shit load of McDonald's and shopping for hours we are finally back in the limo and John insisted we got to the park

After eating a shit load of McDonald's and shopping for hours we are finally back in the limo and John insisted we got to the park. McDonald's was fun, I enjoyed watching John have the time of his life with Matteo and Maze. They shopped while Rico and I fought over who is paying. I won. I am exhausted, but I can't say no to that idiot.

It's dark outside, but the moon still lights everything up, kind of like the four of them.

I lean my head on Rico's shoulder and close my eyes while they talk.

"You tired?", Rico asks in a low voice. I wish I could listen to his fucking voice all day long, it's so sexy and mysterious, suits him.

"No, I am just closing my eyes for fun", I earn a laugh from him. That damn laugh gets me every time.

Disgusting.

"We are here", John cheers, I open my eyes to see the limo parked outside a park. John loves parks, we met in a park.

It's also the place you went after you were left to die.

"Sage, are you okay?", Maze asks with worry in her voice. I don't want to ruin the fun by saying I want to go home and get drunk.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You guys go on", I reassure her, she listens to what I say and exits the limo.

Rico scoffs from beside me before stepping out of the limo. He is the one person I can never fool. Fucking genius.

I take a deep breath before following behind Rico. Empty park, nice. I sent security home, they weren't doing anything anyway.

John, Maze, and Matteo start racing toward's the swing, but I grab onto the back of Matteo's shirt holding him back. His back against my front and my arm draped around the front of his neck. I rest my chin on his shoulder.

He stays tense, swallowing a lump in his throat. I point towards John and Maze laughing on the swings. Love birds.

Love. Pathetic.

The brothers smile at them.

While they're distracted I push Rico to the ground and pull Matteo into a hug. He stays still for a second and then hugs me while smiling like a maniac. The things I do for him.

"You better not say a word about this, I care about you dumbass", I whisper in his ear before pushing him off me.

"What the hell, Sage? What was that for?", Rico questions, getting up and dusting off his clothes.

Because I can.

"I felt like it.".

"What are you smiling at", Rico grumbles to Matteo. How these guys are in my mafia, I don't know.

"Nothing. Come on Sage, let go for a walk", Matteo interlocks his arm in mine. Matteo is a very touchy person and normally my extinct would be to break him, but I guess I'm comfortable with him. He feels like John, like a brother.