Chapter 43

It was pretty sad to say that my friends and I can't live in the apartment anymore.

That place held so many memories for Trevor, Hailey, and me.

Initially, I was the one who found this apartment when I first came to the city for uni. I was living alone at this place for a year.

And that was until I finally got to know Hailey and Trevor.

Both of them always expressed their hate towards their roommates and the rooms that the uni had provided. To bring them out of their misery, I offered them to move into the apartment, in the condition we would split the rent into three. They obviously agreed, and the rest is history.

Even though it has been like 4 years since we first lived here, we've done a lot here. We've laughed, cried, screamed and most importantly we enjoyed our time staying there.

"Alessandro, did you manage to take apart the table?" I asked, keeping the remaining things that the movers weren't able to bring with them yesterday.

"Yeah, I did. Hell, the table legs are damn heavy," he said back, grunting at the end.

"I know, right. I got that of sale from Ikea once, and it was a reasonable purchase."

"Have you packed your stuff?" he asked me.

"Most of it. I still have some books left to keep," I replied.

"Wow. You still keep your books from uni?"

"I mean, not all of that. I still have my own notes and everything, most of my reference books I keep on my laptop. Eco-friendly."

"How can you read books from your laptop? When I was in uni, I literally bought every single reference book needed for my major, how matter expensive it was," he said.

"I was attending uni on a budget, and even if I had physical books, I don't know what to do after graduating."

"I donated those books to the campus' library," Alessandro said.

"That's a good idea."

"I'm done with the books," I announced, taping the box I kept my books in.

"Where's the Saran Wrap? We have to wrap the table together," I said to him.

"I think I left it at the countertop. Lemme grab it now," he replied, heading out of the room.

"Here," Alessandro handed me the Saran Wrap and scissors.

We then wrap the table and its' legs separately so that it's easier to bring it with us.

"Is there anything else that you might've left out?" Alessandro asked me.

"I checked everywhere a few times, and I'm sure nothing is being left behind."

"Well then, I think we should go back to the mansion, or you wanna stay here for a while? Either way, I'm fine with."

"Can we stay here for a while?" I said.

I went to the balcony, Alessandro following behind me.

Placing my elbow on the railing, I looked down at the beautiful view of the streets and shops, people walking and socializing.

"A nice view," Alessandro spoke out.

"Indeed," I said, inhaling the faint smell of coffee coming from the café down from the street.

"Amy," I heard Alessandro speak.

My body instantly turned to face him. He never calls me Amy unless it's about something serious.