Michikatsu's Acceptance

Douma and Rui were hanging out in the living room. Douma was finishing his homework while Rui sat beside the coffee table, drawing.

"Otou-san?" Rui called out, not looking up as he continued to scribble something in his paper.

"Hm? What is it Rui?" Douma asked as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Are you and Okaa-san married?" Rui asked, making Douma choke on his drink.

"What do you mean?" Douma choked out as he tried to regain his composure.

Rui stopped drawing as he looked up at Douma. "Kiriya calls Amane-sensei, 'Okaa-san'. He told me that she is married to Mr. Ubuyashiki. Kiriya said that in a family, if a mother and father are married, they wear a ring on their finger." Rui explained as he pointed on his hand.

"Well... if I'm going to marry (Y/N)-chan. I have to face Yoriichi-san and Michikatsu-san first. I have to ask for their permission first." Douma informed as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh." Rui exclaimed as he looked down at his drawing. "Then that means we aren't a family yet." Rui mumbled as he stood up and went to his room.

"Eh? Rui?" Douma called out as he looked at the boy's retreating figure.

Douma noticed the drawing Rui left on the coffee table. He went closer and picked it up. Douma's eyes widened in surprise as he inspected the drawing.

 Douma's eyes widened in surprise as he inspected the drawing

"Soon, Rui. Soon." Douma mumbled in reassurance as he placed the drawing besides his homework and began to work.

--------------------------------

"No."

"Eh? Michikatsu-san, come on!" Douma pleaded as he walked beside the eldest Tsugikuni.

"I told you. I don't accept you to be with my sister." Michikatsu stated as he continued to walk towards his classroom.

"But you said, 'When all this is over, I'll accept you.' That's what you said back then!" Douma exclaimed as he made hand gestures.

"That was in the 'past'. It's different now." Michikatsu replied as he sat down on his seat.

Douma sat down on the seat beside him. "Ne, ne, Michikatsu-san. Accept me. Hey. Hey. Accept me please." Douma said as he poked Michikatsu on the arm repeatedly.

Michikatsu glared at Douma. "Over my dead body." Michikatsu stated, making Douma sweat dropped.

'Well...that didn't go well....' Douma thought as he placed his chin on top of his palm and faced forward.

Haganezuka came inside the classroom, making everyone stop what they're doing and began to listen to the lecture.

---------------------------