0.3

I get up, rubbing my eyes

I get up, rubbing my eyes. my bedroom dark and quiet, small bits of sunlight seeping through the blinds. I get off my bed walking into my connected bathroom.

I use the toilet, letting out a yawn, before going to the sink to wash my hands and brush my teeth. Once I'm done I leave the bathroom, grabbing my phone then heading downstairs. I check the time to see it's 12 noon. I never usually sleep this late, but no one wakes me up so I'm grateful.

I get downstairs, and it's quiet. either everyone's in their rooms, or outside. I go to the kitchen grabbing a bowl for cereal. I place it on the island before going to the pantry. I stand in front of the different brands of cereal before I go with honey cheerios. I usually eat sugary cereals when I'm high, or need a midnight snack.

I walk out of the pantry getting the milk from the fridge. I place the milk down, opening the cereal and pouring it into the bowl. after getting myself situated, I sit on the island stool and start eating.

"there should be more in here." I hear malik say. I see him walk into the kitchen, but I double-take when I see Nyla and one of our guard's sons', Jax, behind him. Jax is always here, he's one of my brother's only friends. but Nyla being here caught me off guard. not to mention she's in a bikini.

"took you long enough to wake up," Malik says going into the fridge.

"Puoi devolvere mio farmaci?" i ask (can you hand over my medication? -Italian)

"in a second," he mumbles taking out fruits and cheese. I look over at Nyla, she's looking around the kitchen. I follow her, brown, eyes until they meet my grey ones.

she holds eye contact, not look away out of nervousness like others do.

after a bit, I finally look away. 

"what is it? pool day?" I ask eyeing the fruits Malik is cutting, as I get up and pass them to get to the sink.

"ya. you should join us." Malik answers.

"maybe." I shrug, washing up my bowl and spoon. once I'm done I put the cereal and milk away.

I go to one of the cupboards and grab my medications since Malik never got them for me. I take my anti-psychotics and depressants, washing them down with water I grabbed.

"hai preso il tuo farmaco?" I ask Malik (did you take your medication? -Italian)

"ya," he mumbles. I sit back down on the stool, stealing an apple slice.

"you fatass, you just ate." he hits my hand. for a 14-year-old, my brother is bossy and moody.

"I'm a big man. I have a stomach for days." I sarcastically smile before getting up and leaving, not before doing a once-over of Nyla.

she's truly beautiful. hourglass figure, wet curly hair, purple bikini. purple is her colour and just might become my new favourite.

___________________________