Chapter 31

mineta, sero and jirou practical exam begin!

you sigh as you take a sip of water. you haven't even bothered to watch the rest of your classmate's exams.

'i fee had for not watching them but i still wanna blow steam.' you think as you take another sip of your water.

you sit at a table in a room filled with small snacks and drinks, thinking about anything that crosses your mind.

'i wonder if me and izuku can retry whatever the hell we found out at the sports festival.' you think.

you look at your hand 'when he touched me with his quirk, it kind of went wrong. i wonder what-' your thoughts are cut off by the sound of a door opening.

"y/n?" you hear someone call out to you. you turn your head to see todoroki standing in front of the closed door.

"shoto, what's up?" you ask as you look back at your hand. it's silent, other than the sound of footsteps becoming louder and louder to you.

"what happened... you know, before our exam?" todoroki asks as he pulls up a chair to sit in front of you.

you raise your eyebrows "didn't think you out of everyone would be curious." you admit. todoroki just shrugs "i'm interested. also bakugo's comments about your eye... sort of hit me as well." todoroki explains while bringing his left hand to his burn.

your eyes widen "shoto.." you say in disbelief. you then purse your lips "that asshole has no care in the world." you say under your breath.

"but it's not about me, i wanna know what happened between you two? i know you weren't the best of friends before but now.."

"yeah, i get it. i was just trying to tell him.. you know, strategize with izuku. you're up against all might." you begin.

"bakugo being bakugo said he was gonna defeat all might by himself." you say as you lean your head on your fist.

you see todoroki roll his eyes and you let out an amused hum "i know right? i told him he was gonna fail if he did that and then..." you took a big breath,

"yeah" you finish as todoroki nods, understanding what you mean "you were yelling." todoroki points out.

you nod your head "yeah. felt weird but... good at the same time, you know?" you ask. todoroki just nods.

"he yelled about how he didn't want my opinion then proceeded to point out every flaw i have regarding my quirk or fighting style. it was so unnecessary. so i told him exactly that and he got more mad." you explain as you purse your lips again.

todoroki nods "keep going. i'm listening." he says. you nod and take a deep breath "i told him i'd beat his ass if it were us sparing and he got even more mad. i don't know what goes on in that head of his to be honest." you say.

you hear a light scoff "i know." todoroki says.
"i told him no one will like him if he kept doing that and he said he doesn't care for friends." you say. you then smirk and point at todoroki "like you" you joke.

"yeah, like you too." todoroki fires back. your smirk disappears as todoroki smirks. "but anyways, i told him i figured that out and he had the audacity to say. i quote 'i would leave you to die if it were us two.'"

todoroki eyes widen and he looks at you like you meant to say that to him. "he said that?" he asks in disbelief.

"crazy right? like you're a hero in training and you say that to a classmate? i know we weren't the best of friends but damn..." you trail off.