First Love

Yoongi's POV

     I was about to head back to the house after being out for a while, the sun was about to set, and I knew they would start worrying about me unnecessarily. I ended up losing track of time. I thought I had heard something suspicious at the base of the hill. Of course, I wasn't going to walk the whole way down, I didn't have to. It sounded like the voices were coming in my direction anyway, so I climbed a tree and waited.

     A while ago I had started to feel a dull ache where my pack mark was on my hand. Don't do anything reckless...she's waiting for you. I thought, as I thought of her dazzling smile that could brighten the dullest and darkest parts of me. "Come on man, it's getting dark soon let's just call it a day...I'm fucking freezing."

     There were two men, each dressed appropriately for the winter around them, each carrying a type of rifle in their hands. "Not yet, folks here said they saw hybrids in disguise come through here, and our job is to see if that's true." My blood turned to ice, and I stopped breathing as they inched even closer to my location in the tree.

     I seethed with anger as I thought of those pale faced villagers who saw us when we arrived. How could they have possibly known? Our ears were hidden...it didn't make any sense. The only way they could have been able to tell was if... Realization hit me like a truck, and I had to fight off the urge to growl in frustration.

     "Hey hey look, what's that there?" One said as they saw sets of my paw prints I foolishly forgot to cover. At this rate, they'll spot me in this tree. "It could be a normal animal too, you think?"

     The other one bent down to examine it. "Nope. It's a panther hybrid, and these are fresh. It's not that far away from here." Shit. My whole body tensed. Two against one...I could probably manage, no there was no probably about it. I had to. Otherwise, I wouldn't make it.

My claws gripped the tree. I was no slouch at fighting, in fact, I was probably the best in the pack but nerves still took over and I was afraid. I was annoyed with myself. I used to never feel afraid, but ever since the motel incident, and now the fire... it made me realize I have so much to lose.

     The one that observed the tracks had started following them. Another minute or so, and I would need to attack. Take one by surprise, then go for the other. Make sure they can't shoot first. My ears flinched with every crunch that their boots made in the thick snow, inching closer to me.

     I didn't breathe, I didn't make a single sound as I prepared myself to pounce swiftly and silently. When the two were almost right under me, when there was a cracking sound that made the three of us jump in sync. The two whirled around, one of them aiming their weapon towards the sound. They were spooked, and I stayed crouched, debating staying hidden or fighting.

     That was when I smelled them. Two wolves. My wolves. Namjoon and Jimin. My eyes darted around, not seeing them anywhere. I internally started to panic. They were no doubt looking for me, but it would be the worst if they showed up now of all times. Or were they the ones that made the sound, making a distraction for me?

     "Do you think-" one started, and the other started jogging in the direction of the noise, "Come on, that was close by." "Wait up." Just like that, the two men were gone, and I was safe for the time being. I felt lightheaded, and realized how much I wasn't breathing before. I took in deep breaths before I descended down the tree, and Jimin and Namjoon's smell was stronger now.

     It wasn't long before I saw the two wolves in front of me, looking relieved. Glad to see you're in one piece. Namjoon said and I felt a sense of relief myself, seeing that they were fine too. You scared us, we saw you in that tree. Two against one isn't fair. Were they HHA? Jimin asked tentatively.