29: The Birthday Breakfast

Lucca

"Okay, she will be down in thirty minutes." I announce as I entered the kitchen that is filled with both our family members.

"Has the delivery come in yet?" I question Ciro in an irritated tone as I glance at my wrist watch. The catering people were supposed to be here half-an hour ago. What are they doing?? Do they have some death wish??

"Yes bro they just got here. They are in the back kitchen plating all the food." Ciro informs me in a playful, light tone."You need to chill bro; all is okay." He adds with a smirk and all it does it annoy me even more.

"Not now ciro." I warn my younger brother with a glare that clearly says 'don't mess with me right now'.

"Okay, relax bro." Ciro says as he gets the message loud and clear as he moves across the kitchen.

My heart has been thumping faster with every passing minute. Today has to be perfect, everything has to go according to plan. It was my angel's first ever birthday party with us and today is the day I will finally make her mine.

I inhale in a deep breath. The smell of freshly baked goods mixtured with vanilla and cinnamon fills in my lungs.

Everything is going to be okay, Lucca.. Everything is going to be okay.

Francesco claps me on my back as he comes to stand next to me "Relax Lucca he is just trying to annoy you."

I nod knowing Ciro too well and his way of teasing me. He is the youngest of all and is a little too wild, but only with people he chooses to be. He never lets his guard down with strangers or people he doesn't want to get close too. In most ways he is like Francesco - reserved and quiet but then he has this jolly side to him. The one that always need to crack some kind of joke or annoy one of us.

I roll my shoulder trying to relax the tension there "Yeah, I know. It is just that..." I stop the sentences not knowing what exactly was I feeling. Today is my angel's birthday, and today is the day I plan to propose her. I want to make this day special for and not a day she doesn't want to remember. That's why everything has to be perfect.

Francesco moves beside me and grabs his coffee mug from the kitchen island and looks me up before taking a big gulp of his black coffee. "I can't say I know how it feels to propose, but I know what it feels to be in love Lucca."His words hold sincerity in them and the way he looks up at Eleanore after saying that made me realise he is still crazy in love with her.

"So I can totally understand your jitteriness Lucca," My eyes move back to him "But believe in your love, believe in Bella. She loves you brother and whatever you do for her she will love it. Because she loves you and you love her - that's all matter.

I lick my dry lips and nod in understanding as I tired to act a bit cool. But I was pretty sure Francesco wasn't buying my act. He could read me better than anyone in this room combined, including myself. But he always remains quite and by my side.

"I will try to loosen up a bit." I inform Francesco as I move my right hand to the chest pocket of my suit to double check on the ring. I have been doing that since morning and I am pretty sure both Ciro and Francesco have noticed it. Just like now, Francesco eyes my hand movement and just shakes his head.

"It is still there Lucca," Francesco says as he places his hand over my shoulder and gives it a tight squeeze "and I promise you if you lose it I will find it for you no matter what."Knowing damn well he means what he said, I just look at him and nod my head appreciating his support.

In my entire life, I'd never been this nervous. For the entire week I have been on edge with it. At first I was nervous that I might lose the ring, or I might not be able to get my angel her dream proposal. So I googled all the tips and trick on that and worked my plan accordingly around it. But then as my angel's birthday was getting closer I started panicking wonder what if she says no. What if she is not ready?? I mean we haven't been dating for so long and we all know why she is staying with me. I practically ordered her to move in. Maybe that is what I should do, orde her to marry me??