Mask (Taeyong) Part ~ 1

Taeyong leaned forward and wiped the tiny bit of ice cream from the corner of her lips then licked it off his thumb. "Can we go now?" Y/N asked again.

"Let's stay for a little while more, please?" He pouted cutely.

Once again, Y/N gave in to those puppy eyes. "Okay, five minutes. And this time I mean it," she said, stuffing ice cream into her mouth.

"Okay," Taeyong smiled. Coming to the ice cream parlor at midnight with Y/N was one of his favorite things.

Five minutes later, they were buckling into Taeyong's Mercedes. On the way to her house, he took the longer route on purpose. "Are you free tomorrow?" He asked her.

"I wish I was," she sighed, looking wistfully at Taeyong. "But I have like a hundred assignments to do."

"I see. So how about-" A ringing filled the car and the screen below the vent lit up with the name 'Johnny.' Taeyong quickly declined the call.

"You can answer that," said Y/N.

"It's alright, I'll call him back later." He pressed down on the accelerator and they reached Y/N's house in no time.

"Thanks again," she said, leaning over to kiss his cheek. Taeyong moved his head to the right and their lips brushed together. Y/N blushed at the gesture. Taeyong held her chin between his thumb and forefinger and kissed her softly.

"Goodnight," he said when their lip separated, his voice was even softer.

"Goodnight," said Y/N, smiling. Oh, how he loved that smile. He watched her exit the car, walk over to her gate, turn around to wave at him then go inside and disappear from sight.

Taeyong stayed like that for a few seconds then his smile disappeared too, replaced by a serious look. He had put on his mask, something that was required of him. He dialed Johnny's number, who picked up on the first ring. "What is it?" His voice was hard, very different from the one he had used with Y/N.

"Our people got inside the lawyer's house but he's not here. We checked the CCTV too. It only shows him entering the house, not leaving it."

Taeyong entered the location on his GPS. "Are there any blind spots?" He asked, pressing down on the accelerator.

"No."

"Then comb through the house again. Look for a hidden room, like a bunker. He must've built it for emergencies."

"Yes, boss." Taeyong hung up.

He slammed the breaks when he reached the mansion. He saw his men patrolling the area. They lowered their heads in respect when he walked past them. Once inside, he saw Kun right away.

"Sir," Kun said when he saw his leader.

"Where's Johnny?" He asked.

"In the study. He found Choi." Kun directed him to the room where their captive was being held.

The study was dimly lit but one could still appreciate all the money spent on it. Massive shelves lined two adjacent walls, stretching from floor to ceiling, filled with books. An oak desk was placed near the window, paired with a chair facing the room. In the center was a low table surrounded by comfy-looking sofas. Johnny sat on one of them, and behind him stood three of his men. In front of him kneeling on the ground was the lawyer Choi. His hands were tied behind his back and his face looked bruised and bloody.

"Mr. Choi," Taeyong addressed, walking over to the oak table and settling in the leather chair. It was way too comfortable. "Where did you find him?"

"There was a secret room behind the cupboard," Johnny answered.

Taeyong placed his feet on top of the desk like he owned the place. "You know the drill, Mr. Choi. Answer all of our questions or die."

To his credit, Choi smiled a bloody smile. "You can't make me talk."

"That's what they all say before spilling their guts," said Johnny. "Both metaphorically and literally," he added.

"I'm sure they do," he said, not a hint of fear in his voice. "But they don't have what I do. You can never hurt me," he stared daggers at Taeyong.

The leader swung his feet down and walked towards Choi, stopping two feet away from him. "Really?" He bent down and pressed two fingers on the blood-soaked area of Choi's shirt on the shoulder. He winced and shrank away from Taeyong. "This says otherwise."

Choi managed to smile as he said, "you'll pay for - no, you've already paid for this." He glanced at something behind Taeyong and then back at him. "You'll regret it," he spat his bloody spit on Taeyong's thousand-dollar shoes.

Taeyong sighed tiredly. So Choi was playing that game. Making Taeyong hesitate by using confounding sentences. Well, this wasn't Taeyong's first time interrogating. "You think a bunch of words is gonna save you?"

"No," Choi grinned, a maniacal glint in his eyes. "Your bitch will."

"What?" Choi won this round. He made Taeyong hesitate.

"Whatever you do to me will happen to her. If I die, so does she."

"What the fu-" Taeyong was cut off by his phone ringing. He fetched it out of his pocket and saw Y/N's name on the screen. The satisfied look on Choi's face gave him an ominous feeling. He stepped out of the study and closed the door behind him. He climbed the adjacent staircase halfway before accepting the call.

"Tae-Taeyong?" Y/N's voice quivered, accompanied by ragged breathing. The leader sunk to his knees, holding the railing for support. For the first him in his life as the leader of a mafia, he was afraid. Not for himself but for the only one that mattered to him.

"What's wrong?" He asked, though he already knew.

"Some people broke into my house," she managed to say in a strained voice. "They told me to call you."

He clenched his teeth in frustration. He couldn't believe he had missed someone tailing him. "Did they hurt you?"

"I'm okay," she said after a short pause, not answering his question.

"How many are there?" He asked, standing up and climbing down the staircase.

"I... they won't let me say," a sob escaped her lips.

"Hey, it's okay," Taeyong said in the soft voice he had reserved for her. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes," she answered without hesitation.

"Then don't worry. I'm coming, okay?"

"Okay," she replied, sounding calmer than she did a few seconds ago.

Taeyong ended the call. He went back inside the study and pulled Choi to his feet. "Johnny," he seethed though his eyes were on the lawyer. "Get all our men ready to move."

"Yes, sir," Johnny and the men in the room moved our right away.

"You're coming with us," he said, dragging Choi behind him.

xxx

I'd like to thank @taeyongbaes for requesting this!

I hope you guys liked it. The next part will be better, I believe.