SEVEN

*Next day*

Y/n pov:

We were all in our hockey gear and were ready for our game against Iceland. Coach comes walking into the locker room "All right, are we ready for warm-ups? Let's go!" He yells.

His hair was done and was slicked back with gel and was wearing a suit. He must've changed his hair for that Iceland lady.

"Nice jacket. Did you get two pairs of pants with that?" Averman says. We all start to laugh at his joke. Gordon starts looking into his folder.

"Good night last night, Coach?" Fulton asked with me and Dean by him. 

"Yeah, it was fine" Gordon responds. "What'd ya do?" Dean says fixing his hand gloves.

 "Oh, I...just watched some TV, got to bed early," He says while writing in his folder. 

"But not without a little dessert, right?" Dean said escorting away. "A little ice cream?" Fulton says strolling away. 

"Maybe with a blond girl?" I say walking away looking annoyed.

3rd person view:

"Nice haircut. What, ya lose a bet?" Lester says to Coach smiling and walking away. We get onto the ice and start skating in a circle.

"Live from Los Angeles, welcome to the Junior Goodwill Games.

Tonight's matchup, Team U.S.A. faces off against Team Iceland" Averman said acting like his hockey stick is a microphone.

"Cakewalk" Goldberg says.

"We have with us Greg Goldberg, goaltender for Team U.S.A. Greg, what is it gonna take to beat these feisty Icelanders tonight?" Lester asks Goldberg.

"I think it'll take a supreme individual effort by me, Greg Goldberg," He says boastfully of himself.

The referee skates behind them and blows his whistle "Let's play hockey, gentlemen" He tells the two young men.

 "Okay, cut it," Averman says and doing a hand gesture as if he was cutting his throat.

Team USA was in a huddle talking with one another.

Sports announcer: Hi, everybody. Welcome to today's game.

This is a very important matchup, Team U.S.A. against Iceland... in what could be a preview of the championship game.

Iceland, coached by Wolf "The Dentist" Stansson.

He'll be taking on Gordon Bombay.

Some of the teammates go onto the ice to play. Y/n was sitting on the bench next to Luis. "Good luck, there, Coach. You'll sure need it" Gordon says to Stansson.

Jesse and Gunnar Stahl were in center postions. Gunnar says something in Icelandic. "What does that mean?" Jesse asked rudely.

"You'll find out," Stahl says smirking. Dean was left wing. The puck is on the ground both Jesse and Gunnar fight over the puck until Dean leaves his position and goes between Jess and Stahl. Stahl falls to the ground.

The referee blows his whistle. "Come on, fool! Get up!" Dean says. "You ran at him unprovoked," The referee says. "Huh?" Dean says confused raising his arm which made the referee fall.

"Calm down, son. You're out of the game" The referee said. "Give me a break!" Dean yelled. 

"You're throwin' him out? You can't do that! It's three seconds into the game!" Gordon says angrily. 

------

total words: 532