TEN

*Next day*

Y/n pov:

Today we had school. Everyone was so tired. We all had started to fall asleep in class. Most of us tried to keep our eyes open.

I yawn and look to my right to see Luis and Julie on my right and Charlie on my left. I had my hand on my head looking down at my desk drawing.

I hear Luis mumbling "Not my best" Michele goes up to his desk and says "Luis" Mendoza woke up and said a small sorry.

3rd person pov:

"All right, let's go!" Gordon says walking in the locker room to see no one in there. "Team? Hello! Hey, guys. Hello?" Coach keeps talking walking around to find no teens.

 "I canceled their practice" Miss Mackay says suddenly out of nowhere. "What're ya talkin' about? Where are they?" Gordon asked.

"They needed a day off. Trust me" She said sternly. He scoffs "I need 'em here to practice!"

"Well, they need to rest," she said even angrier this time.

"You've been running those children ragged. They can barely stay awake in class. They're calling you Captain Blood" She says feeling bad for the kids.

"I am preparing these kids for battle. Can you understand that?

We win the gold, we go on to bigger things" he said sharply.

"Bigger things?" Miss Mackay asked. "That's right!" He yelled.

"Please! Gordon, it's a game! You said it yourself. Games should be fun. Remember?" She said annoyed.

Y/n pov:

We were doing our stretches on the grass field. "And hold, two, three-" Dean starts counting but got cut off by Connie "Coach isn't here. Why do we have to be?" she said.

"We have a game tonight. We have to work out" Dean responded.

Goldberg stands up while saying "I say mutiny. Who's with me?"

"Goldberg, I'm too tired to mutiny," Dwayne says. "Come on, guys, it's not like we couldn't use the conditioning," I say trying to uplift the tension.

"Speak for yourself, babe" Dean said. Okay I know Dean, Fulton, and I joke around but I guess Adam didn't know that. 

"Her name is Y/n, not "babe," Adam says sternly. "Don't tell me how to talk, rich boy!" Dean said shoving Banks in the chest. "Hey, Portman, chill!" Fulton says. "Hey, you want a piece of this?" Dean yelled.

We all started trying to break the fight.

 "Hey, I'm pretty sure Dean was just joking," I say but nobody listens except for Charlie.

 "Are you sure he was joking?" Charlie says uncertainly. "Yeah, I think," I say. Charlie just gives a small smile and I return in.

"Yo, Team U.S.A., what are you gonna do today, a million jumping jacks?" A kid with inline roller blades on and a helmet in his hand. That was the same kid teasing Jesse at our last game against Italy.

"This kid's crazier than me. Forget about him. Look, Fulton!" Dean started shouting.

"Hey, chill!" We all yelled pushing Dean back. "Hey, man, I'm gettin' sick of you!" Jesse yelled at the boy.

"I'm gettin' sick of seeing the U.S.A. represented by a bunch of whining babies," The boy with a striped shirt says.

"Too bad you can't back up that mouth," Jesse said.