SIXTEEN

"You. Who are you?" Gordon said pointing to Dean.

"Dean Portman," Dean said. "From where?" Gordon asked.

"Chicago, Illinois," Dean said. Gordon pointed to Guy and said "You"

"Guy Germaine" Guy said. "From where?" Gordon asked the same thing he said to Dean. "From St. Paul, Minnesota" now coach pointed to Jesse. "You?"

"Jesse Hall from Minneapolis, Minnesota," Jesse said. Bombay pointed to Julie. "Who are you?" He asked. 

"Julie Gaffney from Bangor, Maine," Julie said smiling. Gordon then looked at Luis.

"Luis Mendoza. Miami, Florida" He said standing up. 

Goldberg then stood up and said "Greg Goldberg. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania"

"Lester Averman. Brooklyn Park, Minnesota" Averman said shaking hands with Greg.

Fulton stood up and smiled saying "Fulton Reed. Stillwater, Minnesota" Dean stood up and hit Fulton's chest saying "That's right!"

"Russ Tyler. South Central Los Angeles" Russ said standing.

Charlie stood up and said "Charlie Conway. Minneapolis, Minnesota" Russ puts his arm around Charlies.

I stand up and say grinning "Y/n Y/l/n. Sydney, Australia" Charlie puts his arm around me and smiles at me. I look at him and smile back.

"Ken Wu. San Francisco, California" Ken said now standing.

"Connie Moreau. Minneapolis, Minnesota" Connie said standing. Guy stood up as well.

"Adam Banks. Edina, Minnesota" Adam says standing with Julie starting to stand up.

"Dwayne Robertson. Austin, Texas" Dwayne said getting up. Jesse stood up and pat Dwayne.

"Michele MacKay. Duluth, Minnesota" Michele says smiling and putting her arms up.

"And I'm Gordon Bombay. Minneapolis, Minnesota" Gordon says finishing. We all roar and clap.

"We're Team U.S.A., gathered from all across America and Australia.
And we're gonna stick together. You know why?" (I know Australia is far from America but just stick with it aha)

"Because we are Ducks," Jan said from behind Gordon.

"And ducks fly together" Jan continued.

"That's right, Jan," Gordon said standing next to him. 

"And just when you think they're about to break apart," Gordon says. We all yelled, "Ducks fly together!"

"And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black," Miss Mackay says.

"Ducks fly together!" we shouted. 

"When the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture," Dwayne said. Which confused all of us. "Uh um"

"Okay..." Gordon said. We all yelled, "Ducks fly together!"

"When your driving and you make a wrong turn and you've got a bag on a woppop," I said in my Australian accent which confused everyone else.

"Uhh," Everyone said.

Then everyone just decided to say "Ducks fly together"

"And when everyone says it can't be done," Gordon says.

"Ducks fly together" Gordon finishes. We all nod our heads smiling and looking around at one another.

Okay, maybe Coach wasn't an L-7 Weenie I thought to myself grinning.

3rd person pov:

"Now, new Ducks and old Ducks must unite under a new banner.
And I thought perhaps something like this." Jan said opening a box with white jerseys that had blue, purple, and black stripes. 

It was a brand new version of the ducks. The kid's faces had big smiles and stared at it in awe. Charlie had gone to get the jerseys and pass them to everyone. 

He grabbed number 17 and went towards y/n.

"I believe this is yours," Charlie said smiling at her. Her eyes glinting with excitement. She grabbed the jersey from Charlie. 

Her skin brushing against his. Charlie had liked Y/n from the moment he saw her but he knew he had no chance against Adam. She smiles shyly and starts blushing.

 "Thanks" She finally spoke looking to the side to see Julie giving her a thumbs up. Y/n turned her head quickly away from Julie.

"Is something wrong?" Charlie asked raising his eyebrows slightly. 

"Hmm? Oh no," Y/n said shaking her head. "Oh okay, shall we?" Charlie asked putting his hand out for her. 

"We shall," Y/n said holding Charlie's hand and walking out of the locker room with everyone else.

                                                         -------

Total words: 669