Chapter 28

Cade's POV

I am now facing one of the greatest battles in my life.

I said I just want to taste it. I never said I would want to drink 2400 ml amount of wine.

"Baby, are you serious with this? Do you want me to die?" He is lying in our bed.  He stood up and sat with me.

"You are not cheating, right?" He grabbed the wine and drank another glass.

"Baby, that's enough. You drank too much. We need to go home tomorrow."

"I am helping you finish this." He grabbed the bottle and attempted to drink directly from it.

"Enough."  He put it down when he heard my warning.
"I want to know why did you say that I am cheating."

"You are busy with your phone. You are clearly chatting with her."

"Baby, you are drunk. I told you that I am chatting with Mayka. You don't have to be jealous of anyone. No one can get my attention as you do."

"Then drink." His sharp glares are piercing through my soul.

"Okay. But you should stop drinking already."
Miles is weird when drunk.
But the taste of this fucking coconut wine is a lot weirder. I feel like I am drinking vinegar straight from the bottle. I tried to finish it fast so we can rest early.

I am now on my second bottle and I wanna throw up already. Of course, I need to act tough. Miles will find out my weakness.

I need to look cool in front of my boyfriend. I pretended like I am not dizzy at all.

"You can stop now. I think you can't handle your liquor." Really? Coming from the guy who was drunk on his first bottle?

My phone on the table vibrated. It is my dad calling.

Miles grabbed my phone and answered it.

"Baby, that's..." He cut me off again.

"Why? Can't I answer your phone?" I just got curious why suddenly he wants to talk with my dad when he feels intimidated by him personally.
"Hey." Did he just talk informally to my dad!?
"I already told you to stop flirting with my boyfriend. He has no interest in you. Cade is gay. He only likes me. Back off, Drei."
He paused. He looked at me nervously. Maybe he noticed now that it is my dad on the other line. "Yes, sir. I am sorry."

He throws my phone and buried his face on my chest.
"Don't worry about it, dad may not look like one but he is one of the nicest persons I know."

"I just want the ground to swallow me. It's too embarrassing." His ears turned red.

"Dad won't mind that. He must be laughing right now."

He keeps hitting his forehead on the table.

"He said the unit was already furnished. He called to inform you that." Wow! Dad really acted fast.

He was about to slam his head again on the table when I stopped him. I kissed his forehead. "Stop hurting yourself. This is mine."

"Continue drinking, cheater! This is your fault." He is slowly losing his energy but still checking me if I am drinking the wine or not.

I down the bottles quickly so he can rest. I showed him the three empty bottles. "Are we good now?" I carried him to bed.

My head keeps spinning. It feels so heavy.

"I'll sleep now." He told me...
"Shiiiiiit!"

Miles's POV

"I'll sleep now...Shiiiiiit!"