Chapter 24 - Anniversary

🎶 Kyun Dil Mera

Published on 14.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

“Happy Two Month Anniversary”

Kiara and Kevin screamed when Aarohi and Vihaan stepped into the house. Aarohi staggered back due to the scream and Vihaan held her by her arms from back to balance her. They stood stupefied in that position when the lights were switched on, staring at their best friends in front of them who were grinning stupidly with eyes gleaming in excitement.

Snap!

Kevin clicked their picture and they blinked, coming out of their daze. Aarohi straightened herself while Vihaan cleared his throat.

Aarohi opened her mouth to say something to the crowd of two in front but turned to Vihaan and looked at him horrified.

“Don’t tell me that the security of our house is so weak that anybody can enter here in our absence!”

Vihaan rolled his eyes. “Kevin has spare keys.”

“Oh,” she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Seems like you both have already celebrated the day together." Kiara smirked.

"I don't even remember."

Vihaan and Aarohi said at the same time and their eyes connected. A small chuckle escaped their lips.

Kevin and Kiara smiled looking at them.

"I thought Aarohi would be at home since it's Sunday." Kiara wondered aloud when Vihaan and Aarohi made their way towards them.

"Aarohi had brought lunch for me." Vihaan replied casually making Aarohi cringe internally when she looked at Kiara whose eyes seemed that they would pop out of their sockets at any time.

"I was getting bored and I also wanted to go to the orphanage hence I took lunch for him." Aarohi cleared herself.

"Yeah yeah." Kiara mocked looking between the two. "Now, you two get freshen up in five minutes so that we can proceed with the cake cutting." She ushered them by clapping her hands.

Not bothering to respond, Vihaan and Aarohi made their way to their respective rooms.

"People celebrate one month anniversary and here we're celebrating two month anniversary. Why though?" Aarohi asked amused, tying her hair up and fastening them with the help of scrunchie when she walked back in.

Kiara and Kevin had already placed the cake and knife that had a ribbon wrapped over it neatly on the table. Vihaan was seated back on the sofa and was looking at the rest of the people in the room with a bored expression.

"Actually we remembered your one month anniversary a day- "

"You mean I remembered." Kiara butted in.

"Yeah you." Kevin sighed looking at his girlfriend. "She remembered it a day after the actual day so when she told me, I suggested that it's better we wish you both on your two month anniversary." He admitted coyly.

"Quite smart of you." Vihaan remarked sarcastically from the back.

"Atleast they remembered it." Aarohi mocked.

"As if you remembered the day." Vihaan rolled his eyes.

"Guys!" Kiara whined, "just cut the cake."

"Forever hungry." Aarohi muttered under her breath.

Vihaan got up and stood beside Aarohi. She held the knife while he kept his hand over hers, ready to cut the chocolate truffle cake. Vihaan frowned when Aarohi didn't make any further movement.