Chapter 53. The Trial ☾

A/N: As said guys I am back with a new chapter... :) Thank you for all the love from previous chapter 💕

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

The following day, Sirius got a note from Dumbledore. It told him that Harry's hearing would be on August the Twelfth. It said little more than to have Harry ready and waiting down at the ministry. When Sirius told Harry this, Harry just laughed and nodded.

"I'm coming along," Draco said after swallowing a bite.

"Are you sure, Dragon? I still don't think you're up to it," Harry said, concerned. Draco glared at his friend.

"I'm coming, and that's final."

Harry huffed. "Fine, you tell Severus that, then."

"I will."

"I've ironed your best clothes for tomorrow morning, Harry, and I want you to wash your hair tonight, too. A good first impression can work wonders." Molly said, serving him another plate of food. Harry began to wonder when he picked up a new mum. He was beginning to not like it. Molly Weasley could be pushy and overbearing. She was very nice, sure, but he was still annoyed with her.

"How are we getting there?" Harry asked. Molly scrunched her forehead in concern.

"We, dear?"

"Draco's coming," he said matter-of-factly.

Mrs. Weasley shook her head. "Dear, I don't think that's allowed."

"He's coming, unless Professor Snape says differently," Harry informed her. They looked over as Severus entered the room.

The man shrugged. "I don't mind. He is all but healed. It might do for him to get out and see something other than this dusty, old house."

Draco smiled.

"So, how are we getting there?" Harry repeated.

Molly sighed, her voice gruff. "Arthur's taking you to work with him."

"You can wait in my office until it's time for the hearing," Mr. Weasley offered. He looked gently over to Draco. His mind had changed about the boy the moment they brought him into Grimmauld Place. He still could not believe Lucius would do that to his own heir, but knowing the boy was abused led him to think of the blond as a human being, not as a prat.

"I think I should come along," Sirius told them.

"Professor Dumbledore doesn't think it's a good idea for you to go with Harry, and I must say I-" Molly started.

"-Think he's quite right." Sirius said with clenched teeth.

Harry stepped in.

"Padfoot, it's a good idea for you to stay here. You get to come with us to Hogwarts, anyway."

Sirius nodded in defeat.

"Okay, but you have to tell me all about it."

Harry smiled. "Of course."