Chapter 11 (aka ran out of title names)

A/N: quick disclaimer: i hv no idea what i'm doing

Sunlight illuminated the room, seeping through the windows. Severus opened his eyes slowly, blinded by the brightness and blinking a few times before getting his bearings.

He got up and silently went to check up on Harry, not really sure where he got the urge from.

Harry was sprawled on top of the covers, his legs angled in a less than comfortable position. Severus took pity on him and carefully slid an arm underneath his back and legs, adjusting Harry to a better position. Pulling the covers to his neck before quietly stepping out.

Severus prepared another set of transfigured clothes for Harry and placed them beside the sink in the bathroom.

Emerging from the shower with a towel around his neck, he put on his usual teaching robes, putting the towel back and went to wake Harry up. With his robes dramatically flowing behind him, he entered the room and neared Harry's bedside.

A thumb could be seen lodged between Harry's lips as he turned on his side, curled up on himself, legs drawn up against his chest. Severus felt his heart constrict a bit at the adorable sight. Goddamnit Severus!! You are saying that word again! A sigh came from Severus, annoyed at himself.

"Harry." Severus firmly said. He was a little more snappy in the mornings. Harry made no move to get up.

"Harry, wake up." More impatient this time.

Not yet conscious enough to remember where he was or what happened, Harry automatically muttered,"Hawwy sowwy. Hawwy sowwy. Make bweakfast now. No mean to sweep long."

"Harry, you're not at your relatives house. You don't have to cook."

Recognising the deep soothing voice, Harry calmed. "Mornin' Sev'us."

"Good morning Harry."

Harry realised that he urgently needed the bathroom. Like right now! He tried to scramble out of the bed. Severus looked at him curiously and raised a brow. The sudden movement proved to be his downfall when he felt a stream of liquid soaking through his pants and it was too late.

Panic took over Harry's features. Oh no. No no no no no! He'd wet himself. On the bed! Oh no! What was Sev'us going to do? Was he going to lock him in a cupboard for being bad? Now he knew what a bad boy Harry was. Sev'us was going to hate him!

Recognising the look of pure panic on Harry's face, he asked ,"What's wrong?"

Tears leaked out from Harry's eyes, cascading down his reddened cheeks.

"Hawwy sowwy! Pwease! Hawwy sowwy! No mean it. Hawwy cwean it. Sowwy." Came the sobbed out string of apologises.

"What happened?" Severus asked, concerned.

He watched closely as Harry inched off the spot he was sitting on. Severus immediately understood. On the bed was a wet spot and he could now see that Harry's pants was drenched.

"Reawwy twied to make it. Sowwy!" Harry tilted his head down in shame, tears splattering against the mattress. He normally made it on time.

"Accidents happen. You don't have to clean it yourself."

Harry just sobbed harder. He was completely overwhelmed by the kindness that the man was showing him.

Severus watched as Harry cried harder at his words, a little part of him was wanting to reach out and hold Harry in his arms. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he took Harry into his lap, mumbling a cleaning charm on Harry and also the bed before Harry's nightwear made contact with his robes.

Harry leaned into his chest, bawling his eyes out making his robes gradually grow damp with tears, soaking through the material. He placed a gentle hand on Harry's back, rubbing up and down rhythmically. It's definitely too early for this.

The sobs finally died down after a long while.

"Does this happen a lot, Harry?"

Harry shook his head, indicating 'No'.

Well then, that's good news for Severus.

Harry was so comfortable and relaxed in Severus's lap that he only now realised that the wetness from just now disappeared. Huh? Looking down at his pants, they were perfectly normal again, just like before!

Severus looked towards Harry as he stared questioningly at his now dry nightwear, registering the confusion plastered all over his face, morphing into a terrified look in the blink of an eye.

Severus was now puzzled at Harry's response.

"It's just magic." Harry looked more horrified at that.

"No say that! Bad word."

"Magic?" Severus questioned.

Seeing as Severus was so calm about the bad word, Harry loosened his tense shoulders.

"Mhm. Not sup'osed to say." Harry fidgeted with his small fingers, eyes locked on his hands.

"It's not a bad word. Do your relatives not like that word?" Petunia had always held a grudge towards Lily for being magical.

Severus received a tiny nod.

"You can say it here. It's not bad."

Severus received another tiny nod.

The more the Potion Master learned about the the Dursley's, the more inclined he was to risk Azkaban for possible murder.

A/N: I have no idea how to write child characters haha. Actually I don't interact with children in general. Also, I'm aware that I'm all over the place with Harry's speech. I'm very inconsistent when it comes to that.

I know it's been a super long time since I updated but I'm running out of ideas for this fic lol. This is a pretty short chapter sooo, sorry about that. Kinda busy with homework lately. It's a shitty excuse honestly.

Trying to improve my writing skills by writing this fic. I hope it's better now. Feel free to point out mistakes if you see any. Thank you for reading:)