Chapter 45

"Is going to be alright; your grandma is strong. Nothing will happen to her." Ana comforts her. Emilyn kept her head tugged into her legs that are up on the seats.

"Did Mary send you any updates?" Ana asked; Emilyn shook her head. "I'll be here for you, and you are not alone.

"That's right, Emilyn. You got me too." She also heard Finley's voice.

"Same here," Pierce said.

All was silent after that until she heard a slight shuffle. A scent of citrus and cedarwood smell filled her nose. Emilyn knows who that is.

"Angel." Christopher lightly calls her. "I know you are worried and scared, but you have to stay strong. And believe that your grandma is going to be alright."

"How would you know?" Emilyn peeks her head out from her lap.

"I've made a call to Doctor Rodriguez, and he will ensure that your grandma will be just fine."

"She is all that I have if she's gone. I got no one left." Emilyn sobbed with her head lying sideways on her knee. "I've never met my parents, and it is always my grandma who had been taking care of me. She is the most important person in my life."

"I know," Christopher said in a whisper. "Come here." He pulls her onto his lap. "She'll be okay, don't worry." He whispers into her ear. "Sleep, you might need it." He stroke his hands down her back soothingly.

"I don't want to." Emilyn shakes her head on his chest.

"Alright, I'll put you down in your seat. He said, lowering Emilyn down onto her own seat. But she clings tightly to him and shook her head. "I'm going to put you down for a while. It is not safe for you to sit here at this moment." He explains.

Christopher places her back down on her seat once the plane came into a normal position. Emilyn then climbs back onto his lap.

Christopher chuckles when she snuggles against him. "Go to sleep, okay. I'll be right here."

"I said I'm not going to sleep." Emilyn pout.

"Alright, not sleeping." He let out a small laugh.

"Tell me something about yourself," Emilyn said

"What do you want to know?"

"Anything."

"How about the story about my childhood?" He said. Emilyn hummed in response. Not long, her eyes start to close involuntarily.

"Angel, wake up. We have arrived." Emilyn opens her eyes slowly, rubbing them. "We should go now; you can sleep more after we get off the plane." She nods sleepily. They got off the plane, and after that everything is blurred for Emilyn.

"Where am I?" Emilyn sits up from a comfortable bed. She looks down on the sheets; it is black. "Where am I?" Emilyn asked. The room seems extravagant, her eyes scanning the room.

"Hey, you are awake." Christopher walks into the room.

"Where am I?" Emilyn asked him.