Chapter 34

" You have such a beautiful house.", She said as she looked at it and was mesmerized as the first time when she came.

" Thanks. Come inside.", Manik said opening the door for her.

" My legs are dirty.", She said raising her toes as she looked down at her legs with a small pout.

He took the heels from her hands and went inside as he came back with a pair of slippers and put it in front of her.

"Come on.", He said taking his hoodie from her hands and walked inside closing the door behind.

He put the hoodie on the sofa and went inside the kitchen to get water for her.

He saw her sitting uncomfortably and sighed giving her the water.

She spilled some of it on the table as she drank from the bottle and Manik shakes his head and wipes her chin with the tissue.

"Sorry.", She said with a pout and he nodded.

"It's fine. Follow me.", he said and she follows him to a room.

"Go and freshen up. I will find you a change of clothes and get you something to eat. There will be a fresh towel inside the drawer.", Manik said and she nodded walking inside the bathroom.

Manik went inside the room Mukti stays and looks for a comfortable dress.

He finds all his t-shirts instead of hers and smiles realizing she has been stealing his clothes.

He picks up a pair of night shorts of her and one of his t-shirts and walked back to her room.

He heard the shower running and put the clothes on the bed.

"I have kept the clothes outside. I am in the kitchen if you need me.", Manik said to her and went inside the kitchen to get something to eat. Even he was feeling hungry.

He decided to make sandwiches.

He heard her walking down and smiled serving the sandwiches on a plate and turned to look at her.

She was smiling jumping down the stairs her hair still wet from the shower.

The t-shirt was long enough on her to hide the shorts.

"Feeling good now?", he asked as he plated the sandwich and she nodded.

" Here. Have some food and go to sleep. You are going to have a terrible headache tomorrow.", Manik said thinking of her state in the morning and she frowned.

" I don't think I am gonna be able to sleep.", She said as she took a bite of her sandwich and he stares at her having his own.

"What did you girls do? Did you had fun?", Manik asked her curious and she nodded with a big smile on her face.

"We danced, drank, played games. It was so much fun. We should do this more just us girls.", Nandini said remembering the moments with a smile.

"What about me?", Manik asked raising an eyebrow.

"You have Cabir.", Nandini said with a smile and he rolled his eyes before smirking.

"You don't want to spend time with me?", he asked leaning a little closer to her as he lifts his hands to her lips and wiped the crumbs from the side.

"I... Wa..", She shuttered staring at him and he smiled moving back with a smirk on his face having his sandwich.

He picked their empty plates and put them in the basin and walked back to her.

"Let's get you to bed.", Manik said forwarding his hand and she pouts.

"Manik I am serious. I am just going to lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. I am never able to sleep when I get drunk.", She said making a puppy face trying to show him she was sober now.