Chapter 104

As they walked through the woods, they eventually found Clary, sitting on the ground, unharmed by the look of her.

"Clary?" Jace called.

"Who are you?" she asked worriedly as she jumped to her feet.

"It's me, Jace," he said softly.

"I don't know you," she replied.

"You're confused. We're here to help you," Serena promised.

Izzy then pulled her stele out as she slowly approached the girl. "Just hold still," she said.

"Where's Jace?" she asked, apprehensive of what Izzy was about to do.

Clary swung at Izzy.

Izzy threw her stele to Jace before she tried to hold Clary.

And Serena began to sing.

The white energy washed over Clary and calmed her enough for Jace to get a hold of Clary and attempt to run the stele over her iratze, but she knocked it out of his hand.

Serena was confused as to why her angelic powers weren't working as well when they'd worked on Clary fine before, but she just began singing louder as Izzy chased after the stele.

Although she didn't need it as Serena stopped singing when Jace's eyes glowed gold and he let partially let go of Clary, still holding onto her arms as he spun her to face him.

They gazed into each other's eyes for what seemed like hours, before Clary finally breathed, "Jace," a sign that she was alright now. "You're ok," she said in relief, finally feeling the full effects of Serena's calming song.

"Now that you are," Jace said almost lovingly, and Izzy smirked at her parabatai who returned it.

"Alright lovebirds," Serena interrupted and the two sprang apart as they turned to her. "Now that Clary's safe, can we get this mission over with? I have an Institute to run and a husband waiting for me. So, let's move it."

******************************************************************

"Someone was just here," Izzy announced as they reached the cabin, still hidden in the tree should anyone be inside.

As Jace and Clary moved towards it, Serena stayed frozen for a second as she stared at the worn-down old house.

"Are you ok?" Izzy asked her and she bit her lip.

"I never thought I'd be back here. Some of my worst lessons from Valentine happened here," Serena admitted.

Izzy could offer no words of comfort, the only thing she could do was hold tight to her sister's hand as they went inside.

Their weapons were drawn as they entered the basement, everything as untouched as Serena remembered, but they lowered their blades when they found that no one was home.

Serena, however, made her way over to where a chair sat bolted to the ground, chains hanging over it inside the centre of a pentagram.

Jace sighed. "We're too late."