Winner?

The pumped crowd is leaning intensively and yelling as the two stand on opposite ends of the arena.  "Well, here we are.  I never thought I was gonna be here, " Tanjiro smiled and looked at his opponent. "I am here to win and prove my father wrong don't get in my way, " Todoroki said coldly staring down Tanjiro.  "I hate to break it to you, but I think I am going to have to get in your way, " Tanjiro readied his stance and held out his sword.  Todoroki got into his stance and fired ice at Tanjiro. Tanjiro jumped up and tilted himself using the ice as a wall to jump around.  The ice went the whole way across the field and the ice and flame user sighed thinking he finished off Tanjiro.

"Well, you really don't have any trust in my abilities do you?" Tanjiro ran around silencing his footsteps.  When the time was right he moved in and about to hit Todoroki in the back of his head with a wooden sword.  Todoroki heard Tanjiro's voice and turned around blocking with his forearms.  Todoroki then tried to freeze the wooden weapon but was too slow.  Todoroki pulled his arms back his forearms bruising and red.  Tanjiro landed then jumped up moving to the ice. 

Tanjiro squats down sitting on the iceberg made earlier.  The half and half fighter saw this as a taunt and immediately fired more ice up the already large hill.  Tanjiro jumped over it and threw his wooden weapon leaving Todoroki no time to block. The sword-making the scarred fighter in the face right in the center of his forehead.  If that sword was real he would be a goner.  The slayer took the advantage of Todoroki being dizzy and jumped down off the ice and attacked him with his second sword.

The quirk wilderness snapped out of it and rolled away just as the water slayer got to him.  He then shot a gust of freezing wind and ice particles towards his opponent.  Tanjiro put a hand over his eyes to block the ice from getting in it and breathed in.  He focused himself on Todoroki and then the wind stopped and his opponent moved in.  Tanjiro opened his eyes being able to smell where Todoroki was and moved.  He could smell the boundaries because they were human/quirk made.  The slayer had complete control and knowledge.  Todoroki realized what Tanjiro just did and the idea went off that the slayer he was battling finally got more serious. Todoroki was already having a hard time, so he went to wrap it up by knocking out Tanjiro's sword. 

Todoroki wasn't thinking, but in the end, he shot off his fire changing Tanjiro's thoughts some and burning the sword.  In the process of getting rid of the sword Tanjiro's hand got burnt his face showed it for a brief second before he zoned himself back in.  Tanjiro changed his breathing some and his positioning ready for hand-to-hand combat.  Todoroki's quirk was far-reaching, so in any normal situation of hand-to-hand verses ling reach.  Hand to hand should be at a disadvantage, but this wasn't any normal situation.

Tanjiro jumped up high right above Todoroki, so he couldn't fire his ice.  If he used ice it would crash back down on him and he refused to use fire on purpose.  The ice and fire weilder was already bothered by his thoughts on using his fire that his thinking was rushed.  He shot out some ice and got Tanjiro's foot, but then all of the ice and the slayer came crashing down on him. Todoroki was stuck under his own ice and his opponent.  He could attempt to use his ice and continue the fight, but he realized it was hopeless.  Tanjiro sat criss-cross on top of the ice pile and waited.  He figured the Todoroki might use his ice or he might just sit there.

Tanjiro took a risk and sat there waiting for the call.  "It seems that Todoroki is unresponsive, so we have our winner.  TANJIRO KAMADO!" Midnight announces the winning and the stadium bursts with cheering.  Tanjiro gets up picking up and moving all the ice off of Todoroki.  He reaches a hand out for him and surprisingly Todoroki holds it and lifts himself up.  Blood streams down Todoroki's face and he sighs. "Good job. I will win next time, but I have a serious question. Did you try your hardest?" Todoroki points out the question and the stadium quiets down.