Rwby Vol. 8 Part 11

--Your POV--

We sat at the family dining room in the manor, discussing plans of what to do. Right now, we're assessing our situations and what actions we could play out.

Yang: Ok, Ironwood wants Penny and William, otherwise, Mantle is done for. So, how do we stop him? | Blake: Qrow and Robyn are still in his custody. | Jack: And May said that Atlas security drones are watching the crater, which means they're trapped too. | Oscar: And Salem isn't gong to stay gone for much longer. | Ruby: So then, it's impossible.

Emerald: See? If Miss Hero with all the answers doesn't have an answer, then we have ours. | Weiss & Y/n: Shut up. (Ruby sighs) | Yang: *approaches her* Okay, then why don't you just leave? | Niko: Can we please just give each other a chance? | Oscar: Yes, Emerald's not with Salem anymore, and Ozpin is back.

Tension grew in the air as he mentioned that again...

Oscar: All of this doubt and worry and distrust, it isn't getting us anywhere. | Ruby: *slams her fist to the table* Then nothing has changed! We're in the exact same place we were yesterday! Arguing over what to do while the kingdom waits to die!

I went over and gently grasped Ruby's shoulder, only for her to push me away and she turn and ran outside. Shocked, Yang took the initiative to go after her as I recover.

--In Weiss' room, William's POV--

I sit with a hunch as Jaune boosts my aura, helping me slowly grow back my wings. Currently, the bones, muscles, and tendons have recovered, all I need now is the soft tissue to help catch the wind and later solidify hard enough to stand against steel.

Ren: *starts a conversation* I'm...glad you're alright, both of you.

Jaune: *stop using his semblance with an audible sigh* Sorry. | William: Its alright, Jaune. Anything's faster than waiting several months for the progress you've made in just hours. | Jaune: *nods* Nice to hear, but, I'm also sorry about those cracks, Nora. No matter how much I boost you, they won't go away...

Nora: *sits up* Don't apologize. I got hurt doing what I always do, just another ditsy move from Nora. | Ren: Th-That's not true. | Nora: How would you know? We were supposed to be a team, but that didn't matter to you! When things went wrong, you pushed us away. You shove people out so you don't have to feel things that are hard!

She was out of breath, somehow, from her venting. Laying her back against the pillows, Ren looks away with a sad look.

Ren: You're right. I should be apologizing, to the three of you. W-When we lost Oscar and things got difficult, I said terrible things. I've been so...angry, at myself, for not being as good as the Ace Ops, for what happened at Robyn's rally, for losing the lamp. I thought  if I just focused on working harder, getting stronger, that we...I, wouldn't fail. But, my biggest failing was as a teammate and as a partner.

Me and Jaune looked at each other before looking at Ren and Nora.

Jaune: Ah Ha ha! All water under the bridge, buddy! | William: I'll give you two some space. | Jaune: Ha ha! I'm uh...gonna go see if Klein needs any help with Penny!

We both left the room and went on our separate ways. I was heading towards the dining room but heard Yang talking, so I checked it out and saw her talking to a...saddened Ruby.

Yang: You know, that giant hound kicked us around like we were nothing, but Blake said you and the Schnees managed to take it down. Still having to one-up your big sis, huh? | Ruby: Did she tell you what it was? Underneath...? | Yang: Yeah... | Ruby: You know what that means then. | Yang: I wouldn't worry about tha-- | Ruby: That's what happened to Mom... (Yang immediately began crying)