strike one

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

This big man with sharp wings and huge green orbs flew towards us, tackling us.

He had both of us wrapped in each arm of his, he flew up way too high for my liking, then dropped us.

I shot my grappling hook at his foot and Spider-Man shot it at his wing.

We proceeded to fly higher and higher, oxygen levels thinning.

Once this guy realized we were not letting go, he cut Spider-Man's webs and kicked away my hook, sending us miles and miles down south.

"Ocith, activate flight emergency system!" I yelled.

A parachute erupted from my back but the landing space was not suitable to land on.

And this being an emergency parachute, I obviously can't maneuver it.

I grabbed Spider-Man's wrist. "Hold on, Spidey."

We then plummeted meters down into the water.

That was a dumb idea because we were now being suffocated not only by water but by an inescapable parachute.

As I was about to prepare to release the hold of my breath, a certain jet came to our rescue.

I couldn't see what it was, but deep down I knew who it belonged to, and he was gonna' be furious.

We were placed on the monkey bars of some playground and were face-to-face with one of my Dad's suits.

"God, it's so cold!" Spider-Man shivered. "Here, just tell your A.I. to activate heater mode and it's like a body sauna." I laughed. "I guess the itsy-bitsy spider was washed out."

Spider-Man scoffed. "Now's not the time for jokes, Cat." I nudged his shoulder. "What? I can make bug-related jokes too."

We both activated heater mode from our suits, while Dad's suit patiently floated.

"What did I tell you kiddos about saving people in friendly neighborhoods!?" He chastised.

Even though this was a call, I was still scared. My Father never hesitated to take away my suit whenever I misbehaved, so I was scared shitless.

"Technically, it was in the neighborhood. We saw it and came to their rescue." I defended.

"Sweet—" I glared at him and coughed. Great, now Spider-Man probably rose his suspicions and he has me all figured out.

"—I mean Black Cat, please don't be a smart-ass and bring technicality into this, the both of you almost died and you promised to stay on the safe side of things."

"The guy with the wings is obviously the source of the weapons, and that means we gotta' take him down." Spider-Man protested. Hell no, we?

"Take him down now, huh? Not happening." Dad disapproved. Come on, Stark. don't be an uptight asshole.

"Calm down kiddos, there are specific people who handle these sorta' things." He explained.

"No offense, but I don't see them handling anything, Stark." I reminded.

"You didn't have to come all the way out here, I was fine, Mr. Stark." Spider-Man reassured, Oh poor, sweet, innocent soul.

"Oh, I'm not really here." There it is, there's the neglect. "Look, can you just forget about The Vulture?"

"Why!?" Spider-Man whined. "Because I said so!" He scolded.

Right now, I was witnessing an argument that I did not want to be a part of, and I certainly did not want to comfort Spider-Man afterwards.

That's just too awkward.

"I'm ready for more than what you're asking me, Mr. Stark!" Spider-Man argued. I started getting déjà vu.

I've had this exact argument with Dad countless amounts of times, and he still refused to let me in, imagine how long it would take to let him in.

How exactly does he know that he's ready for more? He's never really tried anything this big, and I can sense his fear, but also with a little ambition.

"No you're not ready, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go." He then flew off.

"But wait!" Spider-Man shouted yet no one heard.

The funny thing is, it's exactly the same as to how the argument would end too.

Dad would find some other excuse, change the subject, or just leave abruptly in a hurry to go nowhere.

It hurt to go through, but it hurt even more to witness.

"The same happens to me y'know." I scoffed. "Everyday."

"Really? How so?" He questioned.

"You kidding me? Me and you are in the same position, only difference is I've been here longer and I'm just closer to Tony, yet it seems like he doesn't give two shits." I sighed.

"Anyways, I want to tell you that the disappointment will pass, he will open up to you, but slowly. Just keep working on this stuff but on the down low, 'kay?" I reassured.

Even though, it felt awkward to utter out the words, I felt like I had to because I owed him one from back in Berlin.

"Well, I'm gonna head off now." I said.

I left him alone and grappled as far away from him as I could.

Set your priorities straight, Y/n.

-
𝐴/𝑁:
unedited, if there are lots of errors please excuse me I'm half asleep.

Sorry this chapter was short, I just had difficulty creating more scenes and dialogue.

It's only gonna get better from here though. And a lot more spicy.

I wanted to quickly write a bunch of chapters and update it for you guys bc i love this book and i wouldnt want you guys waiting too long for more.