Chapter 11

"You wanted me ma'am?"

"Emma! Yes.. I want you to run the backlogged routines today.. Salsa and rooming! Dinah and Mani have noted the lack of hips in this building and as a Cuban.. not happening!"

Emma only laughed at her bosses random demand, it wasn't entirely unusual for her to direct on the sporadic techniques however with such a perky attitude she only begged to wonder why such the change in scheduling dynamic, she paced forwards into the office smiling to herself as she sat laying eyes over her boss and best friend now avidly typing into her computer

"Hips.. got it! Hey you know people usually wait until noon to drink right? It's literally 7am mama?"

Emma spoke in referral to the already open bottle of alcohol sitting beside her wrist.. the diamond Rolex forcing the sparkling liquid to reflect around the room only raising more awareness to the diminishing contents of the heavy bottle

"It's still full isn't it? Would you prefer me to go thirsty?"

"I'm just saying.. water or coffee usually sit well before lunch.."

"As does minding your own business.. anything else you'd like to point out about my daily habits?"

Emma only shook her head with sarcastic rolling eyes, her bosses tone far from being impressed.. their conversations however took a different path than most, Lauren was often defensive and majorly quick to bite.. with Emma that was rarely the case! She was gentle like a guard dog over a baby.. with others.. she was the guard dog to a criminal..

Soon after the minutes long silence, the room became further crowded.. with a small knock upon the door the now known dancer Camila came walking from behind its frame.. fresh faced and dressed with a winning smug smile Emma could only giggle to herself at

"Miss J.. Miss Emma!"

"Camila.. you're looking happy this morning?"

Emma spoke fondly while Lauren only sank back into her chair making efforts to look everywhere but in her enticing presence.. the way she smelt was different today.. perfumed and strong.. her hair seemed shinier and her legs very obviously moisturised with a glittering cream.. she was powerful.. for once level pegging with Lauren..

"I am! New mindset and all.. I just had a question for Miss J actually.."

"Go on.."

Lauren husked back in the most uninterested tone she could muster lifting her pen into her palm to write over some documents she hoped would make her look busy.. Camila however only wondered towards the desk pressing her silky palms into the wood with a forward lean of her tight shirted chest..

"I was wondering if I could stay behind tonight.. in one of the studios? I like to practice my own stuff when nobody else is around.. I know you stay behind too so it's not like I'll be able to cause any.. trouble.."

She spat like a slinking snake, her tone wildly deep and filled with an evident taunt.. Emma felt it.. she could sense it as when Lauren glared up her emerald orbs opened into a dark half tilted grimace.. the memory of her helping her form the other day now known to have been used against her.. it felt almost as if an invitation.. a devious ask for her to walk by on purpose..

"Just keep the music down, I have a lot of work to do!"

Camila smiled back noting the fluster in the woman's voice as she pulled back to walk away winking at Emma who only secretly shook her head with a half open jaw, the second the elder woman looked up however she quickly closed it shut.. within seconds.. the girl was gone..