Vol 1, Ch4: The Birth of a Rivalry

The boy held the hatchet towards me, with his fire axe hanging by his side. He must have a quirk similar to the hero Mirko. However, judging by how little effort he put into throwing a fire axe the distance he did, that strength is spread throughout his whole body rather than just his legs.

On top of that, he clearly doesn't have a problem with killing. He swung the hatchet at me, and I sidestepped it, kicking him into the wall. Pretty durable too, must be all of his compact muscle mass. He's not any bigger than I am, maybe even smaller, but for him to have the kind of strength he does, his muscles must be really dense.

Kicking him felt like punting a brick. I watched as he swung the fire axe, just as easy as he did the hatchet. I raised one of my wings and blocked it.

"Is that little bit of fur around your neck part of the coat, or your wings?"

"My coat. It's made with the same material as the fur from my wings. Didn't know it was so durable though."

He chuckled and kicked me back into the opposite wall, cracking it. I groaned and stood up, and shook it off. He grinned and dropped his axes.

"You can take a hit. This'll be fun! Come on, bring me more joy!"

Jeez, this guy must think he's the Joker to my Batman. I charged towards him, and shoulder bashed him, using my wing as a shoulder pad. He got knocked into the wall and broke out in laughter.

"I'm gonna have fun with you!"

He threw several punches at me, and I blocked with my wings. I jumped over a leg sweep, and back flipped over a roundhouse kick. I planted my feet into the wall, and flew towards him, grabbing him by the shirt and flew into the air.

I dropped him from a little higher than the first guy I did this to, and watched as he impacted the ground, cracking it upon landing. He stood back up, and I flew down, before flipping and kicking him in the chest.

I backflipped and landed. He rolled when he hit the ground and jumped back to his feet. His durability is insane. He charged me and tackled me, before grabbing me by the wings and throwing me into the street. Covered myself with my wings, and slammed into a car. I shouted in pain, and landed in the street.

I stood back up, and saw him laughing.

"You're fun! I'll be sure to kill you next time. See ya, don't get killed without me!"

I watched as he sprinted into the shadows, and grit my teeth. I flew down the alleyway after him, catching up almost immediately.
_________________________________________

???

_________________________________________

I was running away, giddy with joy! I just found a new toy! Hey, that rhymed!

I flew into a building, and out of the other side, before landing two houses away from there. I looked up, and he was glaring down at me, his wings making him look somewhat demonic.

"Wow, you're so fast! Why didn't you attack me with that kind of speed?"

"Travel speed, and combat speed are two separate things, dipshit. Just because a guy can punch one hundred times a second, doesn't mean he can run the speed his fists are moving."

I scoffed and threw my hatchet at him, only for him to catch it, and throw it back. I yelped and jumped back. This guy means business! I threw the hatchet again, and took off in a sprint while he was distracted.

I ran into something and fell down. I looked up, and it was him. I threw a kick at him, but he just sidestepped it.

"That's what you call a kick?"

He kicked me in the chest, and I smashed into the house behind me. He was about to do it again, until we heard sirens.

"Shit."

He flew into the air, before looking down at me.

"I'm not done with you."