80

WHEN THE STORM ARRIVES

_____________

Once I said goodbye to both Liv and Pauline, Fred and I arrived at the Burrow

Once I said goodbye to both Liv and Pauline, Fred and I arrived at the Burrow. As soon as I set a foot in the house, I moved from Fred's side. The nightmare was still too present in my mind not to feel chills at the only thought of my mother, and even though I wanted to be as close to the ginger as possible, I also didn't want to be so attached to him.

"Oh, Lilith, dear! So happy to see you!" Mrs Weasley smiled at me. I was still surprised by her attitude since I thought once I was out of her home she would go back to hate me but warm comfort invaded when I confirmed she was still being nice. "Remus and Tonks will be here too later in the evening. Thought you would like their company."

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley."

"You look a bit tired, dear. Have you eaten well?" she asked, scowling, while she hugged her son, next to me.

"Yes, don't worry," I managed to say, forcing a smile.

"Lilith had a bit of a rough week at the Quidditch field, mum. She's been training hard, just that," Fred quickly talked, gazing at me briefly, handling the situation. "Are Bill and Fleur already in France?"

"I think so, but I wish your brother could spend Christmas with his family instead of with that...girl."

I thanked him silently and went straight to meet Hermione, who was sat on the couch reading.

"What 're you doing, little swot," I smiled at her, letting myself fall by her side. She imitated my smile and closed her book to pay me attention. "You okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm glad you are here now," Ron walked in front of us and she glared at him. "I can't deal with that idiot by myself anymore."

I arched one of my eyebrows. "What did he do?"

Hermione sighed, frustrated and turned around to face me, starting to whisper.

"Did you know he is dating Lavender Brown? They even kiss in front of me."

"Really? I thought he knew you like him," I whispered too, confused.

"Shhh, I don't like him, Lilith!"

I snorted, ironic, and stared at her. "'Mione, don't need to lie to me, love."

She clicked her tongue and rested her head on my shoulder. "Okay, maybe I do like him. But he's being an idiot. Lately, he doesn't have time for Harry and me now that he has his wonderful girlfriend."

I caressed her hair and left a kiss on her forehead. "Oh, girl, you're lucky I'm here."

"How've you been by the way?"

"Ugh, had a really bad nightmare tonight. Otherwise, I'm good. You already know everything."

"Was it about...her?"