C H A P T E R 11

R+J

After their little swim into the ocean, Callie and Rafe head back to their rooms, or their room to be more precise.

What happened that night in the hotel won't be explained, but it's pretty obvious.

After some sleep, they packed their belongings and got in the car. No one of them talked about the precedent day or the precedent night cause they were a bit confused.

Not that long ago, Rafe would never have thought of Callie in another way than his best friends annoying little sister, and Callie in the annoying brothers best friends way.

These three last days, they shared more private moments than they ever did before and it wasn't so bad after all.

"Coop must never find out," Callie stated, thinking about too many things his brother shouldn't learn about.

"Find out about what? That you kissed me of that I fucked y-"

"Cameron don't be an ass," she laughed and slapped the boys arm, cutting him off. "both," she finally said, rolling eyes at him.

"Sure, but don't mind me staying more often at your house," he shrugged and smiled.

"I won't mind," she giggled. "At all"

They were about to arrive in the Outer Banks and knew from now on, they would have to play a role pretending nothing had happened.

At approximately 1am, they arrived at Callie's house and Rafe parked the car. Her heart filled with anxiety, but mostly with gratitude.

"Thank you Cameron, for everything"

"Sure. I enjoyed being with you"

Callie was about to open the cars door to leave and head back home when she felt Rafe grabbing her wrist.

She turned around and faced him "How about my goodnight kiss?" he faked a sad face and a very bad British accent.

"Rafe what if Coop or anyone else is currently watching us? There's no way I'm kissing you right now," she looked all around to see if someone was eying them.

"I don't care about your brother or anyone else right now, I just really want to kiss you," he stated and approached his face to give her a little and soft kiss on the lips.

She looked at him when they pulled away and smiled cause he was very cute at the moment. Her thumb grazed over his face.

"Sanders?" he asked, not taking her thumb away from his face.

"It's me," she replied.

He looked a bit anxious and didn't know how to find the right words to use. She loved seeing him so vulnerable cause it wasn't usual.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

These words echoed inside her head very very loud. Of course she wanted it, since the very beginning.

"Hum I mean, you know we can't do that, right?"

"Why couldn't we?" he asked, interested.

"My friends hate you, your friends hate me, everything just keeps us apart"

"You have a point but who cares? Look it wouldn't be their deal. And honestly we could keep it private for a while if it reassures you. We'd be Romeo and Juliet"

She laughed, because it was a bad comparison but couldn't contain the amount of happiness he was giving her.

"Well Cameron," she marked a little pause "of course I wanna be your girlfriend"