||Venti: A Thousand Years of Waiting (1)

Sometimes the song written for someone can be easily forgotten

➷a thousand years of waiting I➷

It was nearly dusk when Venti arrived underneath the large tree. It's leaves swayed left and right following the movement of the wind.

Having caught sight of blue haired man, y/n who had been balancing herself on top of the trees large branch prepared herself to jump down

"Hey Pentip!" The woman called, "Catch me!"

Without leaving much room to think, she jumped straight down.

Venti knew well of her actions and had already been prepared before even seeing the woman herself.

His hands rested beneath her knees and behind her shoulders, grasping on her arm lightly.

Without much more thoughts y/n hopped down and grasped venti's hand, tightly securing it as her own.

The sky casted a shield of orange above them as they walk through the long field. The tips of the wheat-like grasses tickled their intertwined fingers.

Just like yesterday and the day before that, they had already started talking about mundane things.

What had y/n eaten today? What sort of animal had Venti seen on the road? It was all boring topics, yet the conversation never ends.

Like any other couple, they wondered of the future together, yet for them they knew it wouldn't end with "growing white hairs together."

"When I was little, I really wanted to make clothes." The big smile on her face never lessened from the moment she jumped down from that tree.

"Then, what do you want in the future?" Venti asked, expecting an answer like a gardener. She had always liked flowers.

However, she replied, "I want to stay with you till our end of times- well, more like mine."

He had not expected such answer, and couldn't help the bitter smile that crawled up to his face.

That had been the fate they agreed upon and was not scared to move forward to. With y/n as his light, guiding them through the dark path into the future, he was not scared.

Yet who would have foreseen the events and acts of war.

When the archon war happened, y/n had been unlucky. He was just trying to take her to a safer place.

It was only a split second misstep, and when Venti had looked behind, two arrows were already lodged into her back. It pierced her skin till it broke through the other side.

Venti desperately tried to stop the bleeding, yet the blood only flowed through his fingers.

Y/n's coughs left a trail of blood down her chin. She felt like her lungs were being torn into two, or maybe the arrow had already done so. Her chest numbed at the pain, and y/n found the strength to open her mouth.

"Don't say anything-" Venti had a hard time swallowing the heart that had clogged his throat.

"Venti-" even when the hole in her chest burned a shredding pain, she still had a big smile on her face. She though if she had to go now, she at least had to leave her partner something familiar to remember her by.

Maybe it was because of the blood she had lost, still running down Venti's fingers, her eyes were unfocused and dull.

"In my next life-" her throat burned with each word, "in my next life, I'll find you again, and we'll go back under the tree."

Her words were barely a whisper, "you'll catch me again, won't you?"

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

This just part one guysss

Hehehehhe

Btw pentip is like y/ns nickname for venti