04

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °

Isabelle

My fingers are going to fall off.

I've been trying to braid my hair for the past hour. I even looked up YouTube tutorials and all, French braids are harder than they look. I'll admit it. I took out my phone, taking a break, my phone lighting up with a new message.

Leo😎: Good morning.

Me: GOOD MORNING

Leo😎: What are you doing today?

Me: Working ;(

Leo😎: Are you doing anything after work?

I was about to reply with a simple no when I heard pounding footsteps walk up the stairs; I tossed my phone, going back to braiding with shaking hands. My door was thrown open, "I'm having guests over tonight. Have dinner ready by seven," he said a little too calmly. I nodded quickly.

He looked at me before leaving.

Me: I am:/ But if you come in during my shift I'll swing you a free milkshake🤠

Leo😎: Okay 🤠

Me: gtg see you laterrrrrr

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Work was... well work. Nothing ever seems to happen while I'm working. But somehow Laurie always has stories about customers that all conveniently happened while I was out. It has happened countless times, I'm starting to think she may be lying.

There is absolutely no way someone asked for scrambled eggs with no egg or tried paying in monopoly money.

I remember when I was seven, I was obsessed with Monopoly. Obsessed. I made my own board and named the properties after tv shows I liked. And I carried around the colorful little dollars in my cheap purse my uncle got me from the thrift store. I handed them out to other random kids, I thought they worked the same as real dollars. I was like Bill Gates, well money-wise. I stopped when some kids stole all the "money" from me.

Then I got obsessed with photography when I was fourteen. I carried around my crappy camera and took pictures of absolutely anything and everything. I guess some people didn't like that, the 'pretty' girls threw it off the second story while I stood and watched it shatter. I just smiled when they lied saying it slipped from their grasp. I wasn't dumb I knew they did it to hurt me, but I was still in awe of them. Not their personality but how they managed to have girls begging to go to their homes and had boys on their knees asking for a chance to take them to a movie.

They were the people you watched from the distance and admired.

I used to wonder what it would be like to be one of them. To be pretty without trying, getting almost anything they wanted with a simple smile paired with the fluttering of their eyelashes. I actually become friends with one of them, but that's a story for another time. After that, I never wanted to live like that.