Chapter 35

(unedited)

Conlan's P.O.V

---6 years later---

Black tux, tie and shoes. Slick back hair. An unremovable grin plastered on my face. Today's the day I'm getting married. Though there was a lot done in order to get to this day.

Amanda and I both agreed to wait to get married until after we graduate college. Yes, we graduated high school even with all of the magically appearing snowdays and the few days we just completely skipped school. Amanda gave the valedictorian speech which brought tears to my eyes with pride welling up in my chest. The very next day, we had the Alpha and Luna ceremony where EVERYONE cheered and clapped for Amanda. There was not one objection to her becoming Luna. I expected nothing less.

I personally think it's so stupid that people just expect being the Alpha and Luna of a pack don't have to have any other jobs. Umm....who's going to pay the electric bill, the water bill, the gigantic mansion that everyone in the pack house lives in, the large consumptions of food, clothes and everything in between?

SO, to pay for all of these expenses, I went to Harvard Law school. And yes, I am smart. Shocker! Amanda decided to use her experience to help other's and became a physiatrist. She's now helping people understand that there's life after tragedy.

The day after I proposed to Amanda, something changed. Thankfully, it was a new change. She had this new confidence and calmness that would resemble a wise old man: someone with greater power and knowledge. I don't even think it was my proposal that made her that way. She was standing straighter, talking confidently when she was speaking and only speaking when she knew what she was talking about. She was a brand new woman, and I loved it. She was also confident in the bedroom, if you know what I mean. ;).

"Hey man, you okay?" Dakota, my best man, asked. I smiled at him.

"Couldn't get any better. I'm standing at the altar about the get married to the love of my life," he gave me a cheeky grin.

Aimee and him got married a year after he proposed when they were both 19. If anyone knew how happy I was, it would be Dakota.

"Where there is love there is life," Dakota tells me.

"Mahatma Gandhi?" I asked.

"Yep, but don't tell the ladies that?" He joked while winking at me. I laughed, knowing he was just trying to ease my evident nerves.

Breath in. Breath out. In. Out. In. Out.

I was never a typical playboy. I didn't drink and go to parties. I never did drugs. I was a good boy with good grades. Never had I ever expected my life to come with so much drama, but you get what you get and I'm more than satisfied with what I got.

Everyone was here. Cain, Joseph, Broddy, Dakota, Aimee, Dillian, Mable, Ray, Mara, Abra, and Bram. There was some other extended family and Ray's moms, but besides that, it was a very secluded wedding. Just the way Amanda and I wanted. Oh, and the whole pack of course. I mean, it would be rude if they weren't here right? So maybe it wasn't as small as we would have liked, but at least everyone here is family in one way or another.

Amanda's P.O.V

Everyone is scurrying around me, but I stay calm and poised. I keep posture and a bright, genuine smile on my face. I feel the urge to laugh at the stress induced action's everyone is performing. Abra was fluffing and fusing with my dress. Aimee was sitting down about to have a nervous breakdown. Mara was fixing up my make up and Mable was going over every aspect including the old, new, borrowed, and blue items. I thought it would be rude of me to just sit here and do nothing to help.