47

A/N:
Y'all's comments are killing me 😂
Anyways, enjoy :)

   Ashlyn's pov:

Ash was sitting on the couch in the Avenger's living room. She held an ice pack (Steve insisted) to her abdomen, although the wounds had already healed. There were children running in every direction and Ash was having a good time watching Sam and Bucky trying to get them all to sit still. Nat, Clint, Pepper, and Tony were sitting in a circle on the floor of the living room playing with the babies. Maya had been standing in the corner of the room having a conversation with Wanda. Ash wasn't sure when they had managed to become friends but at the moment she had more pressing matters, Maya came over to Ash and whispered something in her ear. Ash rolled her eyes but nodded.

She stood very suddenly and the eyes of every child in the room were fixed on her.

"Bedtime." The children all got into a single file line and waited for her next instructions. Ash was used to this because this is what they had been taught to do at the orphanage. Ash hesitated, she wasn't actually sure where the kids were supposed to sleep. She was saved when Tony stood up.

"They can take the guest rooms." Ash nodded and led the kids into the elevator, what she didn't expect, was for Peter to walk in after her. She raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged.

Maya's pov:

Once Ash, Peter, and the 15 other children were gone Maya turned towards the group.

"Thanks for letting them crash here"

Tony nodded as if to say 'no problem' and the others gave her small smiles.

"Is Ash going to be okay?" Asked Steve

Maya thought for a second, Ash was very good at what she did, and for the most part, she knew what she was doing. But Ash was also very reckless. Maya nodded at Steve.

"She knows what she's doing" In reality, Maya could only hope Ash actually knew what to do.

"I mean... about Jack, she hasn't really-"

Maya knew what Steve meant, for the past week Ash has been deflecting every time Maya tried to bring up Jack. It wasn't healthy but there was nothing Maya could do.

"She'll be fine," Maya said, avoiding eye contact. In all honestly, she had no idea what to do about Ash's avoidance.

Peter's pov:

Peter followed as Ash led the kids down the hallways towards the room where Ash had occupied during her stay.

"Aren't you going to sleep in there?" He asked her as she opened the door to the room and the kids followed her inside.

"I'm not staying Peter"

Peter frowned at her response.

It's not that he wanted her to stay... well maybe he did.

But most of all Peter was just worried, she had just been shot three times previously that day and Peter had no idea how she was even walking right now. He thought that there was probably a lot he didn't know about her. Part of him wanted to ask but another part of him was scared at how she might react.

Peter watched as Ash spread a blanket out on the floor of the room so that the kids would have a place to sleep. He smiled slightly when she picked up a small girl and twirled her around before placing her on the bed, which made the small girl giggle.

Once Ash had put all the kids in their spots she started to exit the room, Peter followed her. He waited until she had quietly closed the door behind her before beginning to speak again.