20 | hypnophobia

Anastasia Kingsley POV

I woke up to two little boys jumping and making noise.

Even if they were trying not to make any.

I easily woke up since I lived with my aunt and uncle. They didn't keep a lock on the door so they could come in anytime they wanted. They usually barged in a midnight or early in the morning so until I was 12, I was the lightest sleeper ever.

I begin being a light sleeper when I was in France. If we didn't wake up on time, we get more beatings and more people rape us.

Liam could not wake up.

At all.

It normally took me like three punches to the ribs to wake him up.

The worse part was that I became Hypnophobic.

I was hypnophobic when I was six, I started to get nightmares. They were more like memories cause they were so real. They never stopped but if I was lucky, I wouldn't get them and I often took sleeping pills to help lower the intensity.

Now, sleeping pills didn't help.

I couldn't sleep at all unless someone was next to me. The memories eat me alive. I needed to have someone next to me, someone to differentiate between the memories and the real world.

Liam was a lucky bitch and the most he had was nightmares once a week.

To say I was jealous was a understatement.

I peaked my eyes open to see Adonis and Atlas giggling as they tiptoed towards me, markers in their hands.

Really?

I waited until they were close enough to jump scare them, watching them scream as they tripped over themselves as I scoffed.

"You can't prank me." I scoffed as they pouted, arms crossed as they sat next to me. "I mean, I haven't been in the real world in years but I still know how to prank people. I think."

"Let's prank uncle Louis because he always pranks us and it's tiring." Adonis smirked at the thought, swiping his hands together like a evil villain.

"Alright, it's-," I took a quick peek at the clock on the wall and surprisingly looked at the two five year olds. "How did you guys wake up at 6 am?" I looked at them as if they were aliens.