F I F T Y E I G H T

It's been a week since Alyssa and Kaden were taken along with two other students. Camilla and Madeline  hardly slept, hardly ate, hardly even talked to each other. The three of them were all very close but both were closer with Alyssa then each other and all either of them wanted was to see her alive and safe again, Madeline also lost Kaden and so she was really going through it.

When she would sleep she'd have nightmares, regulus hardly slept and often heard when the nightmares got bad but he couldn't do anything about it. But what was to come for him this weekend, he never could have prepared for it.

~

Regulus had been requested home for the weekend by his parents, he knew it was for some meeting but he wasn't exactly sure what was so important that he had to leave school to be there, he never went to many meetings to begin with.

He packed a smaller trunk with clothes and necessities he would need before meeting Dumbledore in his office so he could apparate him to kings cross station where he'd be meeting his mother, which he was dreading already.

Dumbledore would have let his mother come to the school to get him but knowing the Blacks he didn't want to let a death eater on his campus, just in case.

The two appeared at the very empty platform 9 3/4 where Walburga was already waiting.

"Walburga." Dumbledore fretted her with a small nod.

"Professor." She said coldly.

"I'll meet you back here Sunday evening to bring you back." He said to Regulus who responded with a nod as he walked to his mother.

"Regulus dear how are you?" She asked as they walked away from Dumbledore.

"I'm fine."

She looked down at him and raised an eyebrow and if Dumbledore wasn't still standing there she would've smacked the back of his head.

She grabbed his hand and apparated them home before they reached the wall.

"So why is it I needed to be here for this meeting? I never go." He started walking towards the stairs.

"Exactly, you're never there, he wants to know you are loyal to him so you'll be joining us tomorrow night."

He stopped walking and turned to look at her. "Whats he want me to do now- I mean do" He coughed awkwardly cringing at the 'now' since she's unaware of the whole thing with Madeline.

She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow but ignored it. "I'm not sure" she lied "I have an idea or two but I'm not certain, I'm sure you've heard some kids from school were taken, their locked in the dungeons at the Mafloy manor."

"Yeah obviou- yes I've heard."

"Good, well it's got something to do with them." Was all she said before walking down the hall to her bedroom.

His mind automatically started to fill with different scenarios that could happen tomorrow night and he was sure it'd be what he wanted not to happen that would happen. He sighed and turned back up the stairs and walked towards his room. He stopped at the door to Sirius's room that's been empty for quite some time. He reached for the door knob to open it but dropped his hand and continued walking.

~

The next morning was just like any other at the Black's manor. Regulus got up and had a quiet breakfast with this parents, Orion was reading the daily prophet, Walburga and regulus exchanged a few small words. The rest of the day flew by, Regulus was requested to play the piano a bit before dinner which he happily did, it was like a small escape from his own home.

And after dinner the three of them apparated to the Malloy manor for the meeting. Regulus was visibly nervous, just outside of the house his mother turned him to face her by the back of his neck.

"Don't embarrass me or this family you hear?"

"Yes mother." He turned his head to the side while walking to the door to get out of her grip.

The DE meeting started like any other, it was technically Regulus's first. After a bit of talking, Voldemort called out to have three people brought out. And not to his surprise, regulus saw two familiar faces. He swallowed and looked down at his hands on the table.

"Now, to prove himself to me," The dark lord looked over at Regulus. "He is going to do a small task like most of you have done." He looked at the three people. "Prove your loyalty to me."

Regulus swallowed again and looked over and made eye contact with Alyssa who had nothing but fear in her eyes. Regulus stood up and grabbed his wand.

Lord Voldemort stood up after him and grabbed his wand and shot the killing curse right at the third person no one knew. It was some unlucky muggle who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Regulus shut his eyes when he heard the body hit the floor. The dark lord went on to say that it was to show what he wanted from him. And proceeded to tell Regulus that he would get to choose. As if that made this situation any better. He looked at his two class mates while holding his wand out, he knew they both meant a lot to M but Alyssa has been her best friend for seven years. He turned his wand towards Kaden.

The boy looked up at him fearing for his life, unable to speak, he leaned his head down, Alyssa shut her eyes and turned the other way. Regulus wanted nothing more then for this to be a dream, but it wasn't, and if he were to wait any longer he would for sure get some sort of punishment.

And so, the last thing Kaden saw was a glimpse of the light green color reflecting from the floor. Alyssa flinched when she heard his body hit the floor. Regulus shut his eyes and kept them close since no one could see until he heard that cold voice he now hated even more.

"Well done." Voldemort got up and clapped slowly. Regulus turned around and looked at him. "Well done" he said again. Regulus mumbles a 'thank you' that was barely audible as he walked back to his seat. He kept his hands under the table given they wouldn't stop shaking. His mother noticed, and to his surprise she reached a hand over under the table and placed them on top of his hands. And to both their surprises he calmed down a bit. He didn't lift his head much at all the rest of the meeting, he was listening but not exactly paying attention.

Later that night when they got home he rushed upstairs to his bathroom and puked, he had been holding it as long as he could. He couldn't sleep, he wasn't sure when he would be able to, every time he closed his eyes he saw him. He didn't know what was going to happen to Alyssa either. He couldn't bare the thought of how M would react to his death. He wasn't sure if he could even forgive himself. And that night he decided that he was going for that Horcrux.

And while all that was happening, Madeline was in her own bed at Hogwarts since her last class, she skipped dinner, she couldn't stop thinking about Alyssa and Kaden, wondering if she'd see them again.

A/n sorry for the short chapter I just wanted to update I hadn't realized how long it's been sorryyyyy!
Oh also I realized I put my tik toks in a chapter forever ago, but I changed my usernames and don't know which chapter so here's that if you want @ jamespotterstanaccount and- the second one my account is embarrassing nvm forget about that one no username for you