26. Behind Closed Doors

Hi my dears, 

I first off want to start off with saying how sorry I am for how long it's taken to update. I'm only just now finishing my finals and the past few weeks have been super busy for me as well as just having the biggest writers block and constantly being distracted by every little thing. I miss seeing all your comments when I update and I hope you are all doing well and taking care of yourselves <33

I try posting on my instagram story to give you guys updates on where I'm at in terms of writing, as I find it easier to communicate with you all on that platform vs. wattpad. I was thinking of maybe even doing lives on there to be able to talk to you guys more personally.  If you want to know more details, I'll be letting you guys know about it over my ig which is @acciocedricsdeadbody (the same as here).

Anyways, enjoy the chapter and thank you sm for 360K reads and 10K votes?!!! sheeeeesh

-claudia <33

Song for this chapter ~ Picture Perfcet by Jolé

Calista's POV

Walking through Hogwarts' entrance for the first time in two months felt somewhat bittersweet. As excited as I was for being back to what I had called home for the past five years, I felt uneasy and anxious about how this year would play out.

However, my mind was quickly brought elsewhere, as George, Fred and Rowan were now discussing what we had all just witnessed in the courtyard.

A powder-blue, horse-drawn carriage that was the size of a large house had flown just over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest, being pulled by a dozen giant winged horses. Before anyone had managed to get a closer look, it had soared well beyond the courtyard, disappearing somewhere behind the school grounds.

As if that wasn't an already shocking sight, moments later a loud rumbling noise began to erupt from somewhere nearby. Everyone's heads had turned in search of the eerie sound, soon discovered as Lee had pointed to the Black Lake, where great waves formed, causing a whirlpool-like effect to take place.

A long pole had begun to slowly rise out of the water, everyone soon recognizing this to be a mast as the large ship emerged from the depths, soon fully floating to the surface.

Everyone including myself had begun talking amongst one another, all wondering why these vessels had arrived, and most importantly, who was in them.

As the chatter began to get quite loud and rowdy, Professor Mcgonagall demanded that we all start to head into the Great Hall so that the first years could soon make their entrance for the Sorting Ceremony.

"Maybe this has something to do with why Charlie's going to be coming to Hogwarts this year," George spoke to Fred as he walked alongside me, the mention of his older brother making me nervous. "I mean, maybe he's going to be taking care of those horses or something."

Fred suddenly snorted at his brother's response, causing George to shove him by his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm sure Charlie's dropped everything including the dragons in Romania just to mind some pretty horses."

"Whatever," George mumbled, now turning over his shoulder to look down at me, before grabbing a hold of my hand and smiling graciously. "What do you think?"

"Hmm?" I let out, looking at him quizzically.

"I mean what do you think this is all for? Why would Charlie go out of his way to come here this year?" George asked, deep in thought.