CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING: there is a reference/implication to depression & suicide towards the end of this chapter so PLEASE PLEASE, be wary

Lying in bed felt like all Liliya could do. It's all she did that day and into the night. The servants came in. Her clothes were back in place and she just lay there, staring at the ceiling. She had never been so bored yet so unmotivated to do anything. Even as the sun rose, she didn't feel anything other than bored.

She had slept a little during the night. She knew she had fallen asleep at some point but she didn't feel tired. Sadness. That's it. This numb ache and then there was a knock on the door. She turned her head but didn't say anything. Genya then walked in. Her head held high and a bag of pastries in hand. Then she saw Liliya and she frowned.

"You look terrible," Genya said bluntly as she closed the door. Liliya shrugged and rolled over onto her side, facing away from Genya. The redhead stared down at the woman for a moment before placing her pastries down. She then walked over to the bed and pulled Liliya to be lying down properly once again, "What happened?" She asked. Liliya sighed but continued to stare past Genya, looking up at the ceiling.

"Kirigan. I need to get up," Liliya muttered as she attempted to push herself out of bed. Trying to stand up but she found herself lacking the energy or motivation. It was stupid really. It felt ridiculous and her heart ached for no reason. He had cared for her so deeply, it felt, and then he didn't. She wanted to cry and scream and sob but she hadn't expected anything less.

"What did General Kirigan do? I just spoke to him and he seems irritable at best," Genya asked as she moved to rest her hand in Liliya's air. The redhead sniffled and squeezed her eyes shut. Not letting anymore tears fall down her face.

"Kicked me out and threatened me. He thinks I am hiding something and I accused Ivan of trying to ruin my reputation... like some delusional child," Liliya spat, pressing her hands against her face before she them fall to the side again. She hated herself for even saying anything. It would have been fine if she just stayed silent. If she just didn't complain.

"Are you hiding something?" Genya asked as she took a gentle hold of Liliya's hand. The woman turned her head, meeting Genya's soft gaze. She bit her lip and nodded her head before looking away again.

"I'm hiding plenty of things but you don't even know them. It doesn't make sense for him to be angry," Liliya said as she let her hand fall across her face. Trying to cover up the dark hickeys that had littered her neck. She wished she had pushed him away, stopped him. Just done something cause now they served as a constant reminder of him and she wanted to claw her skin away.

"Did he give you those?" Genya asked as she brushed the hair away from Liliya's neck. The redhead nodded and Genya thought for a moment, "Do you want me to get rid of them?" She asked. Liliya felt relieved at the offer and opened his mouth to speak but found herself faltering. She didn't really know if she wanted them gone but she hoped that it might help the emotional turmoil in her head.