63

Shigaraki walked with the air of a leader. He was alone, but that's how it had to be.

The League of Villains went to meet with Chisaki, leader of the Hassaikai. His quirk proved to be something else entirely. Tomura couldn't attend their short meeting. He was busy formulating a plan. Busy getting to know the new power coursing through his veins that felt like an old friend.

However, he lost one of his members. He almost lost all of them. So, he chose to trust that this gang needed him enough to keep him alive. Chose to trust that the quirk still new to his body would keep him safe.

Turning a corner, Shigaraki was led through the door and into a small meeting room. On the couch sat the masked man most referred to as Overhaul. That thing on his face was an ugly, pretentious thing meant to prove ranking, but it just made Tomura scoff.

"So," Overhaul clasped his hands together, his position that of someone too comfortable. "I've been told that you'd join us as long as certain conditions were met,"

"Don't think of it as a favor."

Shigaraki got straight into things. Took a seat on the couch opposite the man who'd killed one of his accomplices, a man he, sadly, at the moment, needed.

Overhaul kept the same look on his face at the rude words of his soon to be business partner. For but a second, he caught the covered features under that hand Shigaraki's face hid behind. Thought he saw a bit of familiarity there, like he'd met someone before with similar attributes.

"You want the name of the league of villains, right?" Tomura asked, planting one of his feet on the coffee table, leaning back, sitting like he owned the place. "We want to increase our strength and influence. That means our needs just happen to coincide,"

One perk of Atomic wasn't just the power it offered. It was the confidence it gave him. The assurance that he was the one in charge now. That he could make the decisions that would finally lead him to his end goal.

But that was the one thing Overhaul did not approve of. Some kid waltzing in with an entitled proposition, being a little cunt about things, that was no problem. But disrespect like that wasn't something he liked. And it made that more dangerous part of him glow in the golden hue of his eyes.

"Get your foot off the table." The order was harsher than his usual tone. Shigaraki turned his head a bit at the sound, observing as he felt Atomic stir beneath his skin. "It'll get dirty."

The moment Overhaul's demeanor suddenly changed, something within Shigaraki's body sent a chill up his spine. His muscles tensed a bit without him telling them to. His power was disturbed. And when it felt threatened, Shigaraki always took a moment to listen to it.

What is it? He asked, having learned how to speak to Atomic inside his head.

Y/n, Atomic answered without hesitation, his tone bursk, yet cautious, like a guard dog snarling at a potential danger in front of its owner.

Shigaraki almost sat up, his eyes going wide.

He'd seen you in his dream the other night. He was crying, the more gentle side of you trying to heal the injuries he truly believed he deserved. When he woke, his skin glowed with the lines of his power, his sheets gone to dust, his muscles shaking.

Was that a sign, maybe? That you needed help?

Is she here? Tomura didn't want to waste time. Atomic brought you up nearly everyday, with every decision he made, as if he was still a part of you, as if he wanted you and Tomura at each other's sides rather than apart, but-