25

"Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you

"Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you."

A knock sounded on my door, and I anxiously stood, "Come in."

Hera peeked her head in, "Nixie agreed to have tea with you."

I smiled and sighed relieved, "That's wonderful."

"But she had a condition." Hera winced.

I turned sharply toward her, "What?"

"She wanted Tony to join the two of you..."

"What?"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I enjoyed the clinking noise the teacup made when it hit the plate. I looked out the side of the gazebo we were sitting in, and soaked in the beauty of the palace gardens.

"Hera said you wanted to tell me something." Nixie broke the silence.

Slowly, I turned my head to look at her. She was obnoxiously close to Tony, and she was holding hands with him on the table. She raised an eyebrow.

I gave a pursed smile, "Yes, I did." I took a small drink of the tea before setting it down, "The King told me we could leave in less than three weeks."

Nixie set her teacup down suddenly, "Back? Like back..." She side glanced at Tony, "home?"

I nodded, "Yes. I wanted to know if you were going to come, or," I also looked at Tony, "stay."

Nixie placed her hand in front of her mouth, "Three weeks?"

Another nod, "I guess you have until then to decide." I stood and walked out of the gazebo, Nixie was getting no more of my time.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I dressed in one of the newer swimming outfits the seamstress had made me. It was so funny to me how she seemed to enjoy having a lady to design and experiment for, so I let her do whatever she wanted.

And she was able to experiment even more on me than a regular court lady, as I didn't care much about silly dress codes.

The outfit I had on was a two piece light cotton set colored navy.

I walked out the door connecting my bedroom to the beach and walked straight into the rushing waters, changing my legs into my tail.

The coolness of the water shocked my body against first, but I quickly got used to the temperature.

I swam around for about an hour before I poked my head above the water.

I crawled onto the beach and lay down on the sand, soaking in the sun.

I closed my eyes and looked at the red skin of the sun shining through my eyelids.

Crunching of sand beneath shoes walked close to me until they were right next to me and the shadow of the person was blocking the sun, causing everything to be fully dark.

"You're blocking my sun."

"A little bird told me they saw a mermaid swimming the shore. I had to look for myself."

"Really? What did you find?"

He laughed, "Well, maybe you can help me find her. She's got brown hair, a navy blue tail, and a witty attitude."

"Hm, I havent seen anyone who meets that description. I'll keep an eye out for you."

When he didn't reply, I slowly opened my eyes and sat up to look at Caspian's dashing face. He was intensely scanning my tail. I smiled at him, "Do you want to touch it?"

He looked at me as if he'd forgotten I was even there, "Oh, may I?"

I nodded and he reached out his hand, softly stroking the scales costing my tail.

"Has your tail always been this color?"

"It was always blue, but it's gotten darker over the years."

He nodded slowly, still rubbing softly against my tail.

A wicked thought popped into my mind, and before I could really think on it I transformed my tail into my legs while he was still touching it.

I laughed at his expression when he realised what I did and was now stroking my leg. He pulled his hand away, "Astrid." He laughed along.

I maneuvered my legs so I was sitting on my knees across from Caspian, "What brought you out here, besides me?"

"Why would I need any other excuse?"

"Because I am a potential threat to 'his future majesty'."

Caspian laughed, "You wouldn't hurt me."

"So sure?" I scrunched my nose.

He smiled at me, "Actually, yes."

I moved slightly closer, "How are you so sure?"

"Well, we've been alone plenty of times and you've never even tried-"

I reached forward and grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him in before pressing my lips to his.

As quickly as the kiss started, it ended. I pulled away and smiled wickedly, "I've never tried anything?" I stood and brushed sand off myself, "I'm getting soft." I smiled and started walking back to my room, waving behind me.