[4]

[3]

- EDEN -

-

I SAT DOWN next to my father and watched as he groaned into his hands once more. He then looked up at me and I finally got a good look at his face. He had very visible eye bags matched with bloodshot eyes. His hair was a mess and his clothes were messy. I frowned, my dad was usually always neat and clean.

"Dad, what happened?" I asked.

He looked up at me, "I miss your mom and my family so so much."

My eyes widened a little as my lips parted. This was what this was all about. I knew one of them was going to explode, but I was sure it wasn't going to be Dad. I waited for him to say something else.

"I..." He sighed, "I found some flowers from a guy on her dresser and I just exploded."

My eyebrows furrowed, "She's seeing someone?"

He nodded, "When I saw them I realized that I really wanted this to work and that I didn't want anybody to have her but me."

I nodded, "Did you talk to her about it?"

He shook his head, "She won't listen,"

I frowned and turned to sit in front of my dad, "Maybe look at it from her side. You probably hurt her feelings with something that you did or said, but just remind her why she should let you back in. She'll realize that she was also in the wrong as much as you were." I said.

He nodded, "I could try that, but I just hope she's not too blinded by the things that went down a while ago."

I nodded, a soft smile on my face, "Maybe, just try it. Okay?"

He nodded and pulled me in for a hug. I smiled, "What would I do without you, Ede?"

I giggled, "Nothing,"

He laughed and quieted down after a while. It felt nice, just me and my dad. We never hung out just me and him, so I never felt as close to my dad.

"Did I make a big mess downstairs?" He asked, frowning and looking down at me.

I nodded, "It wasn't that big, but it was still a mess."

He sighed and got up, helping me up afterward. We both made our way downstairs and I offered to help my dad clean which he accepted.

"But I have to blast Katy Perry," I said. He rolled his eyes and reluctantly agreed.

With Teenage Dream blasting in the background I swept up the broken glass while my dad put things away. I got a text halfway through from Mom saying she was going to be home in 20 minutes.

I relayed that information to do and we panicked for a minute resorting to speed-cleaning. By the time 10 minutes had passed, the house was clean.

"Are you sure you can't stay?" I asked.

He shook his head, his lips pursed, "I don't want to be in the way,"

I nodded and watched as he fixed his clothes and brushed his hand through his hair. He picked up his keys and gestured for me to come closer. I smiled and walked closer wrapping him in a hug.

"Thank you so much, Ede," He whispered, planting a kiss on my head. I smiled.

I looked up at him, "You kinda owe me though,"