𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

THE ROOM WAS lit by only three ceiling lights. A door was at the corner of the room beside a one-way glass that people on the other side can look through.

He was handcuffed to a railing under the table and had his head laid against the metal surface. His eyes were squinted, as if he was trying to use all his mental power to remember...something.

Minutes later, an African American man wearing a black vest and trench coat walked into the room. One distinctive feature caught the attention of the handcuffed patron, his eye-patch.

"I apologize about the restraints. It's just a precaution." The man said.

"Precaution for what?" The other replied.

He didn't answer, and simply looked down at the files he had. It wasn't much, just one single paper in a brown folder.

"The name's Nick Fury. Do you know who you are?" He asked the handcuffed man.

Immediately, the man recalled his name as if that question unearthed an answer he was trying to look for.

"Y/N." He answered, "Y/N L/N."

Fury nodded as he looked into the folder, then tossed it on the table.

"That explains the name on the uniform we found you in."

Y/N looked at the single page displaying a photo of an old rugged uniform with his last name on it. It looked like it was from the military.

"What's this?" Y/N asked, trying his best remember why he'd wear that.

"Do you not recall where you're from?" Fury asked with furrowed brow.

Y/N shook his head, and Fury rested his hands on the sides of his waist as he sighed.

"That uniform is USMC issued circa 1966. During the Vietnam war."

Y/N just looked at the agent with a puzzled look. Fury took notice and tried to explain further.

"That was your uniform, L/N." He said.

At that moment, some memories of his time in the service resurfaced. It wasn't much though, all he can remember was some of his training and a few moments in the forest.

"Okay...so what? You need me back on the field or something?"

"The war's over. Do you know what year it is?"

Y/N paused for a bit, that was something he didn't think about. He didn't bother to do so during all that time waiting in the room trying to garner a single memory from before he woke up in one of their quarters.

"No."

Fury looked directly at him, not breaking eye contact.

"It's 2010."

Y/N inhaled deeply, then exhaled. He tried to process the fact of it being so far into the future since the last time he remembered.

"We found you in stasis a few days ago. Whoever's been keeping you that way has been doing so for the last forty-something years."

"Stasis?" Y/N asked after a few moments of silence. He also kept looking down at his restrained hands.

"We found you on an island a few ticks of the coast of Lithuania." Fury began, "A contact told me that some suspicious activity was going on there."