𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

I sometimes believe when we completely occupy ourselves from everything happening around us, it allows the days to go by quicker and the nights to feel longer because at the end of the day you're left with nothing but yourself—and your thoughts

If I had to pick out three words that would describe the chaotic life I supposedly exist in, I wouldn't have three words, I'd only have one, and it'd be named complicated. Every single thing would go in the category of complicated, and I don't even I could deny that the family I grew up with no longer is my family, complicated. I have inherited siphoning genes and have no clue how to properly come intact with it, complicated. Destroying Horcruxes of an ancient wizard that is obsessed with a child, complicated. Not understanding Mal—never mind.

"I'm trusting you with my hair," Blaise spoke, a slight threat in his words, "you better not ruin it, Evelyn." He said sitting on a stool, facing a mirror and I stood behind him with a pair of scissors in my hand. Draping a white towel over his shoulder to collect any fallen pieces of hair.

"Oh, no need to be so dramatic you arse." I swatted his shoulder. "You've trusted me with your hair multiple times, last time I remember it was when Pansy was here and I—sorry wrong timing."

Pansy and Blaise ended on complicated terms. It was a very confusing mutual breakup. They could've had the chance to be the Hogwarts lovebirds, with the way they were with each other but there nothing good ever lasts forever.

"You have great timing," he pouted, "currently getting ready for a date with Luna, and the last time you had cut my hair I was getting ready for a date with Pansy."

"Well she isn't here anymore, and I do apologize for bringing her up, but her memories are still going to be here no matter what. She would've wanted you to be happy Blaise, and I know you know that. I'm sure if she was still here, she would've been the one picking out what to wear when you go meet Luna tonight."

There was a brief silence between the both of us as I began moving the scissors around his head, carefully watching every snip, making sure that it's a perfect cut. "Maybe, but I have given someone else the duty to pick out what I should wear so if anything wrong happens later, I could just blame it on them instead of myself."

"Is that why I'm the person holding the pair of scissors right now?" I questioned, our eyes meeting each other through the mirror, a slightly faded smirk on his face as he tried to suppress it. "You truly are a complete arsehole, though I choose to be the nice and the lovely friend I am and will let it go."

A few couples of laughters shared as he continued to share things about Luna, the way they started talking from the night of the Fire Of Chalice. They began with a mutual discussion of spiritual awakenings and crystals, and as time passed they developed a liking for each other. It's quite interesting how things roll so quickly and you don't even realize it until you look back at it, look back at every single moment.