009.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬THE MESSAGE

NEED TO KNOW by doja cat❝fuck that feeling, both us fighting

❝fuck that feeling, both us fighting.❞

        AFTER the incident with Jonathan, Nancy and Tiffany, Nancy was extremely scared and she finally realized what Tiffany has to see and go through all the time. Jonathan stayed the night with Nancy so that she felt safe. Nancy couldn't sleep since every time she would close her eyes, she would see that thing and that place. Jonathan had finally woken up and he found Nancy reading books about animals. "Oh, hey."

"Hey." Nancy greeted without looking up from her book.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Every time I close my eyes, I just...keep seeing that...thing. Wherever I was, that place, I think that it lives there. It was feeding there. Feeding on that deer. That means that if- if Will and Barbara..." Nancy was having a hard time getting her words out. Jonathan sat up and reassured her. "Hey. My mom said she talked to Will and Tiffany saw him. If he's alive, there's a chance Barbara is too."

"That means that she's trapped in that place. We have to find it again."

"You wanna go back out there?"

"I-I don't know. Well no, but maybe there's a way that we don't have to. Like, draw it out to us. I was going to call Tiffany to see if she knew anything." Jonathan nodded and handed her the phone from the bedside table. Nancy put it in front of her and dialed Tiffany's number. Tiffany's phone rang and it woke her up. She answered in a raspy and tired voice."Hello?"

"Hey Tiff."

"Nancy? Good god, do you know how early it is?"

"Yeah, I do and I'm sorry, but me and Jonathan needed help with something."

"If it's how to use a condom, I'm not answering that." Nancy was in shock and Jonathan looked at her with a confused look. "That isn't it."

"Oh, well then what do you need?"

"What do you know about that giant monster and how it hunts?"

"Well, I figured out a long time ago that it hunts at night like a lion or coyote, but it doesn't hunt in packs, like a wolf. It hunts alone and at night and I figured out last night when I was on the phone that it's drawn to blood like a shark. Like remember, Barb cut herself at Harrington's party and that thing took her and the deer was bleeding too." Nancy was writing all of this information down so she wouldn't forget it. She then realized something. Tiffany didn't talk to anyone on the phone except her and Barbara. Barbara was gone and she wasn't on the phone with Nancy. "Wait, who were you on the phone with?"