Stay Alive

Year 854

"So... It was all your dream?" I ask as he looks at his reflection in the water of the canal of Shiganshina.

"Mmhm...All just a dream that I made up to fill a void..." Eren says as I cross my arms.

"And...What about the baby? Is it yours or Jean's? Or what about our supposed vowels?" I ask as he sighs.

"I just told you...Everything you saw was just a made-up dream I wanted to show you. The baby is Jean's and everything else was just made up... Well, now, I guess you can say that it's what I wanted," Eren said as I scoot closer to him on the grass.

"But...Why show it to me?" I ask as he shrugs.

"I just...I needed you to see how I wanted my life to go...Our life...What I wanted since I wouldn't be able to live it," Eren said as I look down with my brows furrowed with sadness.

"Just come back, Eren..." I say as he shakes his head.

"I would...I really would... But, I can't...You know this... If I did, no one would survive," Eren said as he looks up into the sky.

"Aren't I dead after this? Ymir said that she'd give me until all the chaos was over..." I say while looking at my ring.

"Ymir is really smart, hm..? After all of this chaos, the Ymir Curse will be broken... No more Titans, no more Titan fluid, no more bullshit keeping all of you from roaming free. That means when you're done here, you'll no longer have your life held by strings. She worded it off, but she wanted you, deep down, to keep moving on..." Eren said as my eyes widened.

"And you did all of this, for us?" I ask as he nods.

"Now, we have a debt to pay, hm?" I hum as he gives me a side smile.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)," Eren says as I lift my brows.

"For pushing you all away...Calling you those names...Sliting your throat when I knew you couldn't heal...For hurting you...I was just so desperate to get away from all of you that I did everything I could. My body couldn't take the feeling of betrayal...For going against my own feelings...So I...I continued to still hold on to that love, just never admitted it to you," Eren says as my eyes widen.

"Is this it?" I ask as he looks at me.

"Hm?" He hums as I dig my face into my knees.

"What you wanted to tell me...When I kept pushing you away like you were nothing...Like your feelings were nothing...I want to know, Eren...I want to know what you've always wanted to say," I say as Eren gets up from the green grass.

"Hey! I thought-" I shout at him as I cut my sentence off when he held his hand out to me.

"Let's continue to talk, but I wanna show you things," Eren said as I hesitantly reached for his fingers.

*FLASH*

As our fingertips touched, the scenery behind him because dark. The sky wasn't visible, it was covered in dark, thick, smoke. There was hardly any light, just a bright orange radiant coming from below us. I look down to the dark ground, and as I stood up, flakes of, what seemed like ash, came drifting off my knees.

"Oh, wow...It's so...Hot," I say as I look over to a dense flow of hot, liquid fire.

"This is the closest representation of that liquid fire Armin talked about," Eren said as I walked over and bent down to the river of fire.

"Oh, speaking of Armin, I appreciate the apology and all but, Armin and Mikasa still need one, especially Mikasa," I say crossing my arms as kneels next to me.